Essential Job functions:
- Responsible for providing professional nursing care to the office patients in noncomplex situations under the supervision of Physician and Clinical Practice Manager or Clinical Coordinator.
- Delivers direct patient care within the scope of licensure and in accordance with SMG policy.
- Assumes accountability for the quality of care, which he/she has delivered including maintaining standard precautions.
- Maintains efficient patient flow.
- Collects lab specimens according to departmental guidelines. Accurately labels specimens.
- Prioritizes patient care by implementing physician orders and nursing procedures. Documents appropriately in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Assures all patients are correctly identified prior to providing and/or documenting care.
- Communicates & provides care consistent with age, cultural, spiritual and developmental needs of the patient.
- Employs appropriate and timely use of Tasking in EHR.
- Schedules appointments appropriately and accurately according to department guidelines.
- Administers injections according to appropriate protocol. Documents injections accurately in HER
- Appropriately demonstrates telephone triage protocols and document in EHR.
- Effectively communicates problems, concerns or issues to the Office Supervisor/Manager appropriately and promptly.
- Ensures proper preparation for patient visit. Prepares pertinent information needed for patient visit.
- Obtains vital signs: BP, temp, pulse, height & weight accurately and completely as required. Documents appropriately in EHR.
- Reviews and updates medication list in EHR. Demonstrates understanding of prescription control and prescription refill procedures. Accurately and completely documents known allergies in EHR.
- Appropriately enters orders and schedules appointments in the Practice Management System (PMS) and EHR.
- Provides referrals and/or consult orders appropriately and in a timely manner in the PMS and EHR.
- Facilitates transition of care to UCC/Hospital.
General Job functions:
- Appropriately adheres to universal safety precautions when administering medications and disposal of medical waste.
- Maintains proficiency with department specific equipment troubleshoots and reports malfunctions promptly.
- Checks and maintains logs for emergency equipment according to policy.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining of all supplies as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility with various work schedules.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Vocational / Technical School / Diploma Program required. Associates degree preferred
- New Jersey State Nursing License and BLS certification required.
- 0 - 1 years experience. 2-4 years experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with patient care equipment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
Travel: Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for LPN (Float)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.