Community Emergency Medicine Physician - Cooley Dickinson Hospital
Cooley Dickinson Hospital is seeking a full-time physician to join a team of energetic physicians who are providing 24/7 community-based care for an active service that treats 33,000 patients per year.
Our ideal candidate will be BC/BE in emergency medicine. This is a fabulous opportunity to practice in a collegial and professionally supportive environment. Our 26-bed emergency department offers providers a supportive clinical and administrative infrastructure.
- Flexible Schedules: Full-time physicians work 1,664 hours/year, but many team members choose to work 1,300 - 1,400 hours/year for work/life balance.
- Providers rotate schedules that include 7 am -3 pm, 12 pm – 10 pm, 3 pm – 12 am, or 10 pm to 7 am.
- Special ED care area for Psychiatric emergencies which accounts for roughly 10% of people who visit our ED each day.
- Stroke Program: We have been licensed as a Primary Stroke Center by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- X-ray, imaging, and lab services are available in the ED. Electronic monitoring, bedside registration, state-of-the-art ultraviolet infection prevention, as well as electronic medical records help ensure safe and efficient care. For strokes and certain other neurological emergencies, our physicians can consult with experts in real-time through our TeleHealth program.
- Strong working relationships with hospitalists and specialists who provide consultations to the ED.
Cooley Dickinson is an Equal Employment Opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state. or local law. As an organization and a member of Mass General Brigham we are passionate about dismantling structural racism and empowering all leaders.
About the Organization:
Cooley Dickinson Health Care is a dynamic community health care system affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital. We’re located in the beautiful landscape of western Massachusetts with easy access to both rural and major metropolitan areas including Boston (100 miles), Hartford (45 miles), and New York City (150 miles).
About the Area:
Northampton, a dynamic arts and five-college community in western Massachusetts, has been named one of the best U.S. destinations for restaurants, theater, galleries, and overall quality of life by Leisure Magazine and other travel writers. It features a vibrant arts and culture scene, great educational opportunities for all ages, and a location convenient to all rural and major metropolitan areas throughout New England including three major cities: Hartford (45 miles), Boston (100 miles), and New York City (150 miles).
Send CV to Logan Ebbets, Physician Recruiter, at: email@example.com
Apply for Community Emergency Medicine Physician - Cooley Dickinson Hospital
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.