Summit Medical Group has an exciting opportunity for an Oncology Pharmacist to join our growing team in our Berkeley Heights, NJ and Florham Park, NJ. The Oncology Pharmacist will provide oncology pharmaceutical care services ; accurately process and review all treatment orders; supervise the preparation of commercial IV admixtures; and ensure all medications meet the highest standards in quality and preparation of final dosage form, neatness and labeling.
Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively utilizing institutional and pharmacy information system
- Supervising production of all types of admixtures, verifying accuracy of procedures, ensuring accurate labeling and doses prior to prepared doses leaving the area
- Maintaining high productivity through oversight of pharmacy technician(s)
- Participating in medication safety initiatives
- Reviewing patient medication regimens for clinical effectiveness, drug selection, dosing, contraindications, side effects, and potential drug interactions
- Teaching and instructing pharmacy and ancillary staff on proper chemotherapy regimens
- Conducting patient medication history inquiries and drug information requests upon referral from physicians and other medical personnel
- Planning, monitoring, reviewing and/or evaluating the quality or effectiveness of drugs or drug regimens while providing advice on drug applications or characteristics
- Providing appropriate alternatives to current treatment plans as needed in the EHR
- Identifying, resolving and preventing potential and actual medication-related problems
- Handling other related functions as needed
The Pharmacist must have:
- Pharm D required.
- NJ State Board of Pharmacy licensed required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail).
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment required.
- Prior Oncology Pharmacy experience: 2 to 4 + years of oncology pharmacy experience.
- Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for Infusion Pharmacist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.