Transplant Infectious Disease Physician
Reading Hospital of Tower Health is currently seeking a Transplant Infectious Disease Physician to join their large ID program!
Reading Hospital is a not-for-profit leading regional health system committed to advancing health and transforming lives of the people we serve. Through physician and staff commitment, we have established a culture of collaboration, professionalism, transparency and responsibility that allows us to deliver high-quality care through evidence-based medicine. Established as The Reading Dispensary in 1867, the 750+ bed Reading Hospital has since expanded into a leader in tertiary care for this region of Pennsylvania. As an Academic teaching hospital, residencies include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Osteopathy, Podiatry, and Pharmacy.
- Main West Reading campus is located in scenic Berks County
- 750+ acute beds, 22-building complex on 36 suburban acres
- Busiest emergency department in Pennsylvania with over 135,000 visits per year
- Level II Trauma Center
- Over 3,500 births annually; high-risk pre- and post-natal care; IVF and fertility services
- Level III NICU
- Miller Regional Heart Center - including cardiac surgery
- McGlinn Cancer Institute - recently recertified by the Commission on Cancer with a gold rating and reaccreditation by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program
- Future site of Drexel University College of Medicine Branch Campus; Expected opening: Fall 2019
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance
- Up to $100K in Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B Visa & Green Card Support (*does not qualify for J1 Waiver)
- Supportive health system to advance goals
About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University, in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. Tower Health offers a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership and staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our patients benefit from access to a broad range of services - all right here in our region.Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac and vascular surgery, trauma, hematology, and oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design in one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health. Transforming Lives.
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for transplant patients and the general population .
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience include residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship training in Infectious Diseases with at least 1 year specialized training or experience in Transplant Infectious Diseases.
- Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License of Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty; must be a member in good standing of the Reading Hospital Medical Staff and THMG.
- IM and ID training are required
Apply for Transplant Infectious Disease Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.