Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Physician — Novant Health Cancer Institute
Novant Health Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Program is seeking two cellular therapy physicians. The positions are based in Winston Salem and Charlotte, North Carolina. We are a FACT accredited Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Program, performing autologous transplantation and CART cell therapy. The ideal candidates will have experience in hematopoietic cell transplantation and CART cell therapy. Though not required, fellowship training in transplantation and cellular therapy would be a bonus.
- The Winston Salem site position would be most suited to a physician with 3 to 5 years post fellowship experience who is familiar with the FACT accreditation process and is seeking a leadership role. Experience in the management of patients with multiple myeloma, lymphoma, and acute leukemia is required and development of a sub specialization disease interest will be encouraged.
- The Charlotte site position would be most suited for a physician with subspecialist interest in multiple myeloma and lymphoma. New graduates or those with 1 to 2 years post fellowship experience will be considered.
Our program currently has seven physician providers and 10 advanced practice providers (APPs) divided between both sites. The planned rounding and call schedule is 1:4 with the APPs taking 1st call. There is excellent support from the pathology department, blood bank, radiology, intensive care, and other specialist services. Although there is a high level of cross site collaboration, both sites operate independently for patient care including rounding and call coverage and providers cover just one site.
Novant Health has seen tremendous growth over the past five years especially in the Cancer Institute and our footprint has spread across the state guaranteeing continued growth. There is a brand new multi-million dollar Cancer Institute building located in uptown Charlotte. This new building includes an outpatient Cellular Therapy and Apheresis space with 12 HEPA filtered and monitored patient rooms built specifically to deliver outpatient CART therapy. Development of a similar State-of the-Art outpatient Cellular Therapy and Apheresis Unit in Winston-Salem has been approved and construction will start soon. We value clinical research and significant investment has been made to bolster services including the development of dedicated phase 1 units at both the Winston-Salem and Charlotte sites.
If you are looking for an organization that prides itself in the delivery of safe, high quality and patient centered care then you will fit into the culture at Novant Health.
Novant Health offers:
- 2-Year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Joining with a world-class team of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics to transform the patient experience
- Novant Health cares for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia.
For further information or to apply, please contact Sara Beth Caldwell, Physician Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Physician — Novant Health Cancer Institute
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.