Memorial Healthcare System is seeking a psychiatrist to work in the Outpatient Behavioral Health Center (OBHC) located in Hollywood, FL. The OBHC is a community outpatient setting with a comprehensive array of services for adults with mental health and substance use conditions. The successful candidate will be expected to provide psychiatric evaluation and management, addiction consultation and medication assisted treatment for individuals who participate in treatment programs including ambulatory detoxification, intensive outpatient programs, and outpatient group and individual therapies. An interest in teaching is also welcomed, as Memorial Healthcare System accepted its first year of psychiatry residents in June 2019.
This is a full-time employed position with the multispecialty Memorial Physician Group. The position offers competitive benefits and a compensation package that is commensurate with training and experience. Professional malpractice and medical liability are covered under sovereign immunity.
Requirements of the position include:
- Board certification/eligibility in psychiatry with expertise in addictions
- Experience in psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Proficient with electronic medical records
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Passion for teaching and training psychiatry residents
- Strong interest and experience in academic pursuits, such as presenting at conferences or publishing in peer-reviewed journals
About Memorial Outpatient Behavioral Health
Memorial Outpatient Behavioral Health Center offers various programs including individual and group therapy to help individuals gain insight and confidence, so they can live healthy, productive lives.
- The Medication Clinic offers accessible, cost-effective, mental health services
- Addiction and mental health consultations under the supervision of physician who is board-certified in psychiatry
- Rebel's Drop-In Center is open 365 days a year to provide social support, advocacy, and peer counseling for individuals with mental health or substance abuse issues
- Intensive Outpatient Programs including co-occurring disorders and mood disorder
- The Mind Body Wellness Program, an integrated Primary and Behavioral Health Care clinic
- The National Council for Behavioral Health awarded Memorial Healthcare System the 2018 Excellence in Whole Person Care award
A Memorial representative from our recruitment division will be in attendance at the upcoming Psych Congress on October 3-5, 2019, to be held in San Diego, CA. Please stop by our booth #142 to learn more about the open opportunities with Memorial Healthcare System.
About Memorial Healthcare System
Memorial Healthcare System is one of the largest public healthcare systems in the United States. A national leader in quality care and patient satisfaction, Memorial has ranked 11 times since 2008 on nationally recognized lists of great places to work – in Modern Healthcare magazine, Florida Trend magazine, and Becker’s Hospital Review, just to name a few.
Memorial’s facilities include its flagship, Memorial Regional Hospital, one of the largest in Florida; Memorial Regional Hospital South; Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, the only freestanding children's hospital in Broward and Palm Beach counties; Memorial Hospital West; Memorial Hospital Miramar; Memorial Hospital Pembroke; and Memorial Manor, a US News five-star-rated nursing home.
Memorial’s work environment has been rated by employees and physicians alike as an open-door, inclusive culture that is committed to safety, transparency and, above all, outstanding service to patients and families.
About South Florida
South Florida offers a dynamic urban/suburban lifestyle with an abundance of cultural and recreational amenities, miles of beautiful beaches, top-rated golf courses, zoos and wildlife refuges, a vibrant arts community, museums, and world-class dining. South Florida’s high quality of life – including year-round summer weather, exciting multiculturalism, and no state income tax – attracts new residents from all over the country and around the world.
Apply for Outpatient Psychiatry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.