Division Chief of Surgical Oncology Philadelphia, PA Suburbs
Main Line Health System, an award winning not-for-profit five-hospital health system serving parts of Philadelphia and the western suburbs, seeks an experienced Surgical Oncologist to assume a clinical and academic leadership role in a Department of Surgery committed to innovation and multi-disciplinary care.
- Lead an established and respected Surgical Oncology service primarily based at Lankenau Medical Center while developing protocols and overseeing the growth of the Surgical Oncology program system-wide.
- Participate in a comprehensive cancer center team which includes, Medical and Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Advanced Practitioners, Oncology Certified Nurses, Geneticists, Radiologists (Diagnostic and Interventional), and other surgical sub-specialists
- Collaborate with basic science and population health researchers at Lankenau Institute for Medical Research
- Assume a key role in the General Surgery Residency Program Lankenau Medical Center
- Participate in undergraduate medical education with students from three medical schools
- Excellent skills in minimally invasive surgery including advanced laparoscopy and robotics
- A record of scholastic activity with research, education or both
- Leadership abilities demonstrated at health system or society level
Research opportunities through Lankenau Institute for Medical Research
Internal funding opportunities for investigator-initiated protocols
Potential for academic appointment at Thomas Jefferson University
Main Line Health System serves over 1.6 million people
Highly competitive base salary plus potential income through a RVU production bonus
Signing bonus along with a very comprehensive benefits package
- Whether you live on the Main Line or in one of the several beautiful counties just outside of Philadelphia, you will find outstanding public and private schools, beautiful homes, historic landmarks and sites, and an abundance of social and recreational amenities
- Enjoy fabulous restaurants and shopping in Philadelphia and throughout the area.
- Philadelphia and its suburbs are known for their exceptional universities and colleges (The Main Line is home to the 2016 and 2018 NCAA Basketball Champions - The Villanova Wildcats)
- The Jersey shore and Baltimore are 1 1/2 hours away, and it is just 2 hours to New York City and Washington, DC.
Apply for Division Chief of Surgical Oncology Philadelphia, PA Suburbs
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.