IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians - Family Medicine with OB (Portland, IN)
In addition to salary, physician could receive up to $300,000 in loan forgiveness, signing bonus, or combination.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation's leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 21 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, ~8am-5pm
- On-Call: 1:3; OB coverage shared with fellow providers
10% Inpatient / 90% Outpatient
- Deliveries (including C-sections) in hospital
- EKGs in office
- Provide FM w/ OB care for Jay County and surrounding rural areas (approximately 100 deliveries per year)
- Engaged and supportive practice environment with excellent quality and patient experience
- Part of large multi-specialty group with outreach support in region
- Ability to enhance practice scope in rural setting
- Expected patient volume in office: average 80 pts/wk
- EMR: Cerner
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Residents, fellows, and practicing physicians are invited to apply
- H1-B and J1 candidates are eligible for this position
- Strong compensation model which could include: salary guarantee, WRVU bonus, up to $300,000 signing bonus/loan repayment, early commitment stipend, etc.
- Guarantee period: 3 years
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
To learn more, contact an IU Health Recruiter at: 317-963-3119 (direct) or firstname.lastname@example.org
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
Portland, Indiana is rural community located in East Central Indiana. The community offers diversity in economic development, employment and education along with affordable housing.
- A beautiful downtown provides unique shopping in the many historic buildings and also offers a deeper look at the city's past history
- Many family parks offer relaxing afternoons and invigorating recreation
- The Arts Place is the premier community arts facility of the region which includes a theatre, art galleries, classrooms and studios and is also home of the "Landscape's Legacy", a one-of-a-kind tile relief mural
- Fun community events take place in the summer such as the Tri-State Gas Engine Show - the world's largest, a Vintage Bike Show - the nation's largest, and the Annual Gathering of the Great Lakes Nations Pow Wow - which celebrates the Native American culture and history through traditional demonstrations including drums, dances, and displays of Native American items
- 50 minutes to Ft. Wayne, 90 minutes to Indianapolis, and 150 minutes to Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await at Indiana University Health Ball Memorial.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
Most recently, the new, patient-centric 5 story south wing was unveiled. The $120 million facility includes 300,000 square feet of new and revitalized space, including 108 all-private patient rooms.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain "Baby-Friendly" designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Multiple CARF Accreditations: The Physical Rehabilitation Center at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received a three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, representing the ninth consecutive three year accreditation IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received from the international accrediting body. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital also received a three-year Stroke Specialty Program accreditation from CARF. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital honored with two VHA awards: IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital received a pair of Volunteer Hospital Association awards recognizing clinical excellence. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the recipient of PEAK (Performance, Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge) Awards for Performance, in the categories of Patient Safety-Critical Care and Clinical Quality. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians includes primary care, medical specialties, surgical specialists, and women's health. The physician group is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers, and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Jay County Hospital is a 25-bed rural critical access hospital, with a 10-bed LifeBridge, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, located in Portland, Indiana. Jay County hospital provides comprehensive care, from diagnosis to recovery. A wide range of services are available including a 24-hour emergency department, radiology and nuclear medicine services, laboratory, physical/occupational/speech therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, sleep lab, infusion clinic, respiratory therapy, obstetrics department, outpatient surgery center, and a specialty referral clinic.
Jay County Hospital is a progressive, comprehensive, trusted health care leader dedicated to improving the health of all we serve, providing excellent, compassionate and cost effective care.
Apply for IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians - Family Medicine with OB (Portland, IN)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.