This position is located in the Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Ft Gordon is adjacent to Augusta, GA famous for its major attraction, The Masters Golf Tournament. Ft Gordon has a moderate year-round climate and offers close proximity to metropolitan areas, beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the Appalachian Mountains.
As a Physician ( Geriatrics) you will:
- Examine patients, order and evaluate the full range of radiology and laboratory tests.
- Refer to appropriate specialty clinic only when required for evaluation and/or treatment.
- Perform as an academic Geriatrician, required to manage, supervise and teach residents and interns while administering the standard of care in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Review physical requirements and conduct physical examination of various categories of military and civilian personnel.
- Utilize special knowledge of the aging process and special skills in the diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and rehabilitative aspects of illness in the elderly.
US Citizenship required
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Apply for Physician (Geriatrics)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.