IU Health Physicians - Orthopedic Sports Surgeon (AHC)
Members of the orthopedic department practice as part of Indiana University Health Physicians, a 1500+ person multispecialty group. The sports division currently works in 4 Indianapolis metro area hospitals and 3 ambulatory surgery centers. We are looking to expand our division and have access to 6 Indianapolis metro area surgery centers with plenty of block time available.
IU Health has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report for the past 21 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best healthcare systems and is the #1 ranked system in Indiana.
- Full Time
- 90% Outpatient / 10% Inpatient
- The Sports Team can expect a high volume elective practice via our multispecialty group and IU Health Plan patients
- There is currently no call/ER call requirement, but sideline coverage is expected.
- This opportunity includes a full-time faculty appointment with the IU School of Medicine and a generous compensation package with outstanding benefits.
- To speak with an IU Health recruiter, please contact Jeff: 317-963-3948 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About IU School of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- IU Health Physicians is the orthopedic sports provider for multiple area high schools, a Division 1 university, and multiple sporting events throughout the Indianapolis area.
- We are strongly aligned with the Indiana University Health Physicians primary care sports group consisting of 10+ fellowship trained sports physicians.
- We are the orthopedic sports faculty for the only orthopedic surgery residency in the state of Indiana with the hopes of adding a sports fellowship as we grow.
Indiana University Health is a national and regional health care leader with a commitment to excellence in patient care. IU HeaIth has a strong relationship with the IU School of Medicine as a national leader for the academic pillars of research, teaching, and service.
The Department of Orthopedics is based in Indianapolis, the 15th largest city in the nation and Indiana's state capital. Indianapolis enjoys a cost of living that is below national average despite vibrant growth. Indianapolis is well-known for auto-racing and is recognized internationally as a sports center including the NCAA Headquarters as well as professional football, basketball, baseball, hockey, and soccer. It has a healthy arts community, with internationally recognized symphony, opera, and ballet companies and excellent museums, including the world's largest children's museum.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health is Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health's unique partnership with the nation's second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Over 80% of U.S. News & World Report's Top Doctors in Indiana practice at IU Health
- Indiana University Health was among the 3% of U.S. hospitals to earn a national ranking, and one of only 59 hospitals in the country to be ranked in four specialties.
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S.News & World Report 18 years in a row.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health nationally ranked in 10 pediatric specialties by U.S.News & World Report.
- Indiana University Health is the fourth largest employer in Indiana (Source: IBJ, 2016)
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 20 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Apply for IU Health Physicians - Orthopedic Sports Surgeon (AHC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.