Emergency Psychiatry Position
The Department of Psychiatry at Northwell Health is seeking Adult Board Certified/Eligible Attending Psychiatrists to join the Division of Emergency Psychiatry at Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, NY.
Northwell’s clinical programs are complemented by a robust education, training, and research enterprise, including the world-renowned Psychiatry Research Department at Zucker Hillside Hospital, which has led cutting-edge investigations that have meaningfully influenced many lives.
The Emergency Psychiatry service conducts over 6,000 visits each year in a dedicated behavioral health space with a 24/7 interdisciplinary team of faculty, trainees, social workers, and ACPs. Full time (approximately 13 shifts/month), part time, and per-diem positions are available. The emergency psychiatry positions include direct clinical service delivery, as well as the supervision of medical students and residents from The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell.
Long Island Jewish Medical Center is a 488-bed tertiary care facility with an annual volume of over 100,000 Emergency Room visits. The 48-acre campus of Long Island Jewish Medical Center encompasses a total of 888 beds, including Cohen Children's Medical Center and Zucker Hillside Psychiatric Hospital.
Benefits associated with employment at Northwell Health include (but are not limited to):
- Excellent base salary - nationally competitive
- Comprehensive benefits package – Medical, Dental, Vision; Retirements plans with employer contribution
- Four weeks’ vacation plus paid conference/CME time & allowance
- College tuition reimbursement for dependent children
- Advanced educational opportunities (e.g. fully funded master’s degree programs) at Hofstra University and at Northwell’s corporate university, the Center for Learning and Innovation (CLI)
- Academic appointment commensurate with credentials and experience at our exciting new medical school, The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- Located on the western edge of Nassau County, Long Island - The best of both worlds.
- Ten minute commute to beautiful Long Island homes in picturesque towns with vibrant main streets, top school districts, lovely beaches, scenic parks, and abundant cultural attractions.
- Thirty-minute drive to the heart of Manhattan or Brooklyn by public transportation or car.
For further information, or to apply, please contact Khatija Paperwalla, MD, Director of Emergency Psychiatry, Long Island Jewish Medical Center: email@example.com
Apply for Emergency Psychiatry Position
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.