Bone Soft Tissue Pathologist
LOCATION: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory Medicine
WORK SCHEDULE: Day
WORK TYPE: Full Time
Geisinger's Department of Laboratory Medicine is searching for an AP or AP/CP pathologist in Bone and Soft Tissue subspecialty.
AT A GLANCE:
· Geisinger's core laboratory is in a state-of-the-art facility located in Danville, PA with a new pathology residency program and well-established cytopathology, dermatopathology and informatics fellowship programs
· Laboratory Medicine performs approximately 10 million billable clinical tests, 97,000 surgical cases, and 42,000 cytology cases including 3,900 FNA's in 2017 systemwide
· Professional staff includes 41 pathologists and PhDs
· Pathology and laboratory services are integrated across the Geisinger system with pathologists at different sites sharing a common workload in a sub-specialty model
· Potential opportunities for leadership positions within the Laboratory
· AP/CP or AP board certified
· Soft tissue fellowship training and or experience preferred
· Pediatrics a plus
· Interest in teaching and clinical translational research experience preferred, not required
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 583,000-member health plan. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient, AtlantiCare, a member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Pathologist staff are based in Danville, Wilkes-Barre, and Scranton, PA.
TO LEARN MORE: Visit www.geisinger.org or contact Fan Lin, MD, Division Director, Anatomic Pathology Professional Services and Development, Geisinger, c/o Linda J. Cindric, Recruiter, Talent Management Consultant, Geisinger, at 814-272-5012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Does not qualify for J1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Apply for Bone Soft Tissue Pathologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.