FYI - Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Fort Hood rests in the beautiful hill and lake country of Central Texas approximately 60 miles north of Austin and 50 miles south of Waco. Because of the weather, outdoor recreation is available much of the year. Two lakes are only 15 minutes away. Affordable urban and suburban housing is readily available. Local colleges provide higher educational opportunities. The area is home to many churches, shopping centers, recreational facilities and fine restaurants. For more info, visit pao.hood.army.mil.
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- May be recalled to duty from scheduled time off.
- This position requires working under adverse environmental conditions.
Works under the administrative and clinical direction of the Chief, Department of Medicine/Chief, Internal Medicine, who outlines the general scope of professional services and administrative policies. The incumbent works independently in accordance with methods and practices of the medical profession and established policies as an expert. Incumbent's professional performance is evaluated in terms of competency, accomplishment and patient satisfaction.
Serves as Staff Physician for inpatient medicine service, and as the Medicine Consultant for inpatient services. Performs a wide range of medical duties specializing in all aspects of inpatient care and allowing around the clock access from admission to discharge, and responds to all hospital intercom and pager announcements requesting rapid physician response to patient emergency situations such as Code Blue (stop breathing/resuscitate), Code Stork (emergency infant delivery) etc. Serves as the gatekeeper to inpatient medicine services for the clinics, emergency department and outside institutions. Serves as the attending Staff Physician and Clinical Educator for members of the Family Medicine Residency who are involved with inpatient medicine service.
Performs highly responsible duties in the advanced examination, diagnosis and treatment of inpatients on medicine service. Follows through to ensure effectiveness of treatment, post discharge follow up and collaborates with specialists when indicated. Attends discharge planning, key medical staff meetings and conferences serving as an authority on inpatient medicine and adult medical critical care. Duties also include ICU medicine such as advanced access techniques, invasive diagnostic procedures such as paracentesis and thoracentesis, and application of nationally recognized current medicine practices. Incumbent manages ventilators and central lines independently. Manage and coordinate the entire inpatient episode of care, and works cooperatively with the inpatients Primary Care Managers, Surgeons, and Specialty Consultants.
Serves as a representative for inpatient medicine areas of quality improvement, budgets, billing, equipment, staffing, yearly goals, practice guideline compliance, and public relations. Promotes and ensures inpatient safety and patient satisfaction. Assist in the educational programs for the hospital providers, staff and patients.
US Citizenship Required
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Must obtain and maintain a Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Must obtain and maintain an Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
License/Certification: DOCTOR OF MEDICINE
Apply for Physician (Hospitalist)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.