TeleHealth Infectious Diseases Physician - Murray, UT - Intermountain Medical Center
Intermountain Medical Center
We seek applicants to join the Intermountain Medical Center Division of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Epidemiology. Intermountain Healthcare is an integrated healthcare system with 22 hospitals throughout Utah and Southern Idaho. We are seeking a physician to provide infectious diseases clinical care and assist with TeleHealth program expansion to improve access and care of patients in small community hospitals located in the Intermountain West region. The physician will also assist the TeleHealth Infectious Diseases Medical Director with program development, working out of the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, UT (suburb of Salt Lake City). The position primarily involves the provision of excellent clinical care, with non-clinical time allotted for education, program evaluation and development, and research.
The goal of the TeleHealth Infectious Diseases Program is to increase the presence of infectious diseases services (consultation, antimicrobial stewardship, and infection prevention) throughout Intermountain Healthcare using Intermountain's TeleHealth infrastructure and electronic surveillance tools.
We Expect the Physician To
- Provide infectious diseases consultation using the TeleHealth platform for Intermountain facilities (small community hospitals) that lack infectious diseases providers.
- Provide traditional infectious diseases consultation at Intermountain Medical Center and LDS Hospital.
- Support the infectious diseases PharmD in antimicrobial stewardship activities.
- Assist with the development of outpatient infectious diseases TeleHealth services for regional hospitals using TeleHealth infrastructure.
- Collaborate with Intermountain's Connect Care Pro provider and patient support services (e.g. tele-critical care, tele-stroke, and tele-wound care) on patient management issues and protocol development.
- Facilitate and provide antibiotic and infectious diseases-related education to communities and Intermountain Healthcare providers.
- Provide infectious diseases support to small community hospital infection preventionists.
- Support TeleHealth outreach efforts to non-Intermountain Healthcare facilities in the region.
- Qualify for a University of Utah faculty appointment.
- Support departmental and division education programs for infectious diseases fellows, medicine residents, and medical students.
Physician Skills and Background
- Infectious Diseases Board Certified/Eligible
- Experience and demonstrated scholarly interest in infectious diseases
- Excellent communication skills and good teaching ability
- Ability and desire to support the quality improvement, teaching, and research activities of the Infectious Diseases Division and Intermountain Healthcare
- Experience with the delivery of antimicrobial stewardship services and program development
Physician Clinical Responsibilities
- Majority of clinical weeks will be spent staffing the TeleHealth Infectious Diseases inpatient and outpatient consultation services. The service is available Mon - Friday from 0730-430p.
- Additional clinical time will be spent on traditional infectious diseases inpatient consultation at Intermountain Medical Center or LDS Hospital.
- Outpatient TeleHealth and traditional clinic visits for the physician's continuity and hospital follow-up patients (estimated ½ day a week of clinic during inpatient weeks)
- The remaining physician non-clinical time will be spent assisting the Medical Director with protocol development, community outreach, education, research, and program expansion and evaluation.
- This position is salaried by Intermountain Healthcare. Salary depends on experience. A generous benefit package and relocation stipend is included.
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it's realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together . Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible®. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the sixth consecutive year, Intermountain Healthcare was named as one of the "Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2018 by Becker's Hospital Review .
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour's drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day's drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA's Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
Apply for TeleHealth Infectious Diseases Physician - Murray, UT - Intermountain Medical Center
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.