Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Academic Physician - Salt Lake Valley, UT - Intermountain Medical C
Intermountain Hospital Group
Intermountain Medical Center - Pulmonary/CCM Division
Salt Lake Valley, UT
- A well-trained BC pulmonary/critical care physician is sought to work at Intermountain Medical Center; 0.6 FTE providing patient care in Intermountain Medical Center critical care units, 0.1 FTE pulmonary outpatient care in the Schmidt Chest Clinic, and 0.3 FTE Academic towards improving patient outcomes. Intermountain Medical Center is the tertiary, flagship hospital for Intermountain Healthcare, and affiliated with the University of Utah School of Medicine. It was ranked among the top 50 pulmonary divisions in the United States by US News and World Report for 2017-2018.
- Provide critical care support for patients with primary cardiac diseases in the 16-bed Coronary Intensive Care Unit in close collaboration with cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons. Experience with veno-veno and veno-arterial ECMO, plus LVAD and RVAD is preferred but not required.
- The physician will participate in Intermountain system-wide initiatives towards optimizing ICU care delivery.
- Engage in high quality clinical research to increase our knowledge of the science of pulmonary and critical care and improve patient outcomes by helping identify and implement new processes of care.
- Bedside and didactic teaching of CICU nurses, respiratory therapists, clinical pharmacists. Bedside and didactic teaching of University of Utah medical students and house staff in the Shock Trauma ICU.
- Ten daytime weeks and 36 nights annually in the Cardiovascular ICU
- Two daytime weeks and up to 12 nights annually in the Shock Trauma ICU
- One half day Schmidt Chest Clinic, approximately 35 clinics yearly after inpatient weeks and vacation/meetings.
- Member of the Intermountain Pulmonary/CCM division with opportunities for clinical/adjunct appointment at the University of Utah. Salaried employment position with Intermountain Healthcare
- Stipend for nighttime critical care coverage averaging $1700 per night.
- Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, 401K match and CME
- Relocation provided, up to 15K
- Visa sponsorship not available
Intermountain Healthcare is a non-profit system of 22 hospitals, in addition to clinics and home care services across Utah and Idaho. Intermountain has a record of publishing high quality outcomes research and developing and implementing detailed diagnosis and treatment protocols. The physician will lead research towards improving clinical outcomes and care process improvement. Training for this activity is available through the Intermountain Advance Training for Physician course, and the University of Utah Master of Science in Clinical Investigation program. Besides outside grant support, research at Intermountain is facilitated by infrastructure support from Intermountain's Office of Research and supported by external grant funding as well as competitive grants funded by the Intermountain Research and Medical Foundation.
This position is within an integrated pulmonary/critical care section affiliated with the University of Utah, which includes the University Hospital, the Intermountain Medical Center, LDS Hospital, and the Salt Lake Veterans Administration Medical Center. Clinicians, physician scientists, and PhD division members have overlapping interests and abilities to support this position. We expect the physician to qualify for a University of Utah faculty adjunct appointment.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour's drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day's drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA's Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
Apply for Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine Academic Physician - Salt Lake Valley, UT - Intermountain Medical C
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.