Medical Director, Metabolic & Medical Weight Management Program, Western Connecticut (60mi from NYC)
Excellent Opening for Medical Director, Metabolic & Medical Weight Management Program with Western Connecticut Health Network in Fairfield County, Connecticut (60 miles from New York City)
Western Connecticut Medical Group is seeking a full-time, employed Medical Director for our new Metabolic & Medical Weight Management Program in Fairfield County, Connecticut, located about one hour outside of New York City. Western Connecticut Health Network (“WCHN”) includes three hospitals and our employed medical group of 400+ physicians and 150+ advanced practice providers, serving a geographically broad region throughout western Connecticut and eastern New York. Metabolic Program services will be offered at our Wilton and Newtown locations, centrally located within Fairfield County.
The Medical Director will provide both administrative leadership (40%) as well as clinical care (60%). The Medical Director’s leadership and expertise will advance the clinical quality, operational and strategic objectives related to Western Connecticut Health Network's Bariatric and Metabolic Weight Management Program as follows:
- Work as a collaborative partner and dyad/triad leader with the Administrative Director of the Program and Network Medical Director of Bariatric Surgery.
- Develop, lead, and direct the non-surgical aspects of the Program across a multi-facility integrated healthcare delivery network.
- Strive for excellence and implement best practices, achieving high standards for patient and physician access and care pathways.
- Build and grow a fully integrated and multidisciplinary medical weight management and metabolic service, providing comprehensive evaluations and management of obesity as a chronic disease with a focus on health and wellness.
- Provide medical oversight and leadership for the multidisciplinary team including registered dietitians, exercise specialists, patient navigators, and other clinical providers as appropriate.
- Deliver medical services in an integrated model with a well-established MBSAQIP-accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program.
- Professionally represent the bariatric and metabolic weight management program offerings to internal and external customers and stakeholder groups.
- Work with the cross-functional team to establish obesity-related research and teaching functions for WCHN.
Candidates must be board certified/eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, or another related specialty and have expertise in the field of obesity medicine. This includes competency in the genetic, biologic environmental, social, and behavioral factors that contribute to obesity and a thorough understanding of the treatment of obesity and related metabolic conditions. ABOM board certification is preferred.
Western Connecticut Health Network includes Danbury, Norwalk, and New Milford Hospitals in addition to our employed Medical Group. Established in 1885, Danbury Hospital is a not-for-profit community hospital providing Greater Danbury area residents convenient access to exceptional care. Danbury Hospital has 371 beds and is a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 70,000 ED visits per year. Norwalk Hospital has 366 beds and is also a Level II Trauma Center with approximately 50,000 ED visits per year. As teaching hospitals, we are affiliated with the University of Vermont College of Medicine, Ross University, American University of the Caribbean, and Yale School of Medicine.
Danbury, Connecticut, in Fairfield County, is located in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and on the border of New York State, about 60 miles northeast of New York City and 60 miles west of Hartford, CT. Surrounded by a number of quaint towns with scenic rolling hills, this beautiful suburban location boasts excellent housing and school systems. As part of the greater NY metropolitan area, the city of Danbury enjoys both proximity to New York City culture and access to a wide array of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, fishing, and boating in state and regional parks and preserves. Home to Western Connecticut State University, Danbury has abundant local historical, cultural, educational, and recreational attractions. Boston, New York City, New Haven, and Hartford are easily accessible via train, car, or bus.
Astride a hill with a commanding view of the Long Island Sound, Norwalk Hospital serves a varied and attractive region of Southern Connecticut. The hospital is just minutes from beautiful places to hike, swim, sail, or just walk along the beach. Connecticut Magazine recently named South Norwalk as the “hottest” nightspot between Boston and New York City, with a plethora of theater groups and restaurants to choose from. New York City is easily accessible by car or train.
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. This philosophy calls for equal opportunities for employment, training, and advancement regardless of sex, race, creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jeanette Unger, Physician Recruiter, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 203-739-7864.
Apply for Medical Director, Metabolic & Medical Weight Management Program, Western Connecticut (60mi from NYC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.