Consider a Thoracic Surgery Position at Baystate Health!
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and is home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. Together with three community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer a diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start or advance their career.
General Thoracic Surgeon
Baystate Health is seeking a Thoracic Surgeon to join our Division of Thoracic Surgery at Baystate Medical Center located in western Massachusetts.
- A 100% General Thoracic Surgery practice with an emphasis on minimally invasive surgery and a developing robotics program.
- A growing division with surgeons and advanced practitioners dedicated to your success.
- Working with an integrated multidisciplinary thoracic oncology team.
- A multidisciplinary lung cancer screening program.
- A robust program in rib fracture fixation and chest wall reconstruction.
- The ability to combine clinical care with resident and medical student teaching. Opportunity for faculty appointment to the University Of Massachusetts School Of Medicine.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, paid time off, CME time and reimbursement, educational opportunities and a generous retirement savings plan.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants will be BE/BC in Thoracic Surgery and have minimally invasive skills, a love of teaching, and a commitment to working with interdisciplinary teams.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban, and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts myriad opportunities for recreation, music, education, and art enthusiasts. Our region is rich with college towns such as Northampton and Amherst, and we enjoy easy access to major cities such as Boston, New York City, as well as great skiing destinations. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools, and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
For more information, please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at: facebook.com/BaystateCareers or: on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Dr. Rose Ganim, Division Chief of Thoracic Surgery
c/o Ariana Caraballo, MBA, DASPR
Reinventing healthcare takes courage. It takes collaboration. It takes you.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.