Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking candidates for a BC/BE Otolaryngologist to join their growing Otolaryngology department. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- The otolaryngology / head and neck service line provides comprehensive subspecialty service for adult patients and general specialty services for pediatric patients through a regionalized tertiary healthcare delivery system.
- The candidates will direct department subspecialization toward the development of Centers of Excellence in: Rhinology and Sino nasal disease; and, Laryngology and Voice.
- The opportunity and resources exist to provide financial support for candidates wishing to pursue, or currently in the process of completing a fellowship. Clinical academic appointments will be available at the appropriate level of experience/training.
- Special strengths of the service line include endoscopic minimally invasive surgery for chronic ear middle ear disorders, cochlear implantation and other advanced hearing amplification surgical techniques, stereotactic endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery, genetic testing for thyroid cancer risk stratification, office based ultrasound guided needle biopsy and others.
- Office based Sino-Nasal Allergy program is fully implemented with laboratory testing and immunotherapy. APP support for the physician directing the program will be provided. It is anticipated that this program will be established at multiple regional sites in the service line, and directed by the candidate. Infrastructure, manpower and equipment support will be made available for service line implementation of the program.
- Position may include regionalization to the clinics in Corning and Ithaca, NY.
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of four hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in north-central Pennsylvania, located just a few miles from the New York border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of the PA Grand Canyon) and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
If you are a Otolaryngologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad of career opportunities for spouses abound at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and education institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York City, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a short trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards to life in the Twin Tiers.