Chair, Emergency Medicine – Northwell Health: Valley Stream & Staten Island, NY
Chair, Emergency Medicine – Northwell Health
Valley Stream & Staten Island, NY
Come lead a team with unmatched clinical expertise. Be part of our fearless vision for leading the way forward and share your big ideas for what the ED of the future can be.
About the positions:
Emergency Medicine Chair at Long Island Jewish Valley Stream Hospital.
This physician leadership role includes operational and clinical oversight of the ED in this community facility.
Emergency Medicine Chair at Staten Island University Hospital (SIUH).
This physician leadership role includes operational and clinical oversight of both the North campus ED, a tertiary facility, and the South campus ED, a community facility, as well as leadership of the academic programs housed at SIUH.
About the EDs
Long Island Valley Stream Hospital ED
Part of the multi-site campus of Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Treats 40,000 patients/year
- New state-of-the-art ED coming soon/renovation underway
- MD coverage: 60 hours/day
- Top performing stroke and sepsis center
- 24-Hour Telestroke and Telepsych
- Orthopedic Residency Program
- Fully staffed with an exceptional team of ABEM/ABOEM BP/BC Physicians
Staten Island University Hospital – North Campus ED
- Treats 95,000 patients/year
- 88 Beds
- MD coverage: 129 hours/day
- APP/Resident coverage: 180 hours/day
- Separate Pediatric ED Unit
- Observation Unit
- Trauma Center & Burn Center
- STEMI Center/24 hour Cath Lab
Staten Island University Hospital – South Campus ED
- Treats 33,000 patients/year
- 23 Beds
- MD coverage: 40 hours/day
- APP/Resident coverage: 48 hours/day
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Inpatient Detox
For further details or to apply, please e-mail the Office of Physician Recruitment at: OPR@northwell.edu