Medical Officer Positions for Physicians
The Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Silver Spring, Maryland, is actively recruiting Internists and other physicians with training and experience in the design and analysis of clinical trials of imaging agents and drugs for the treatment of radiation exposure to serve in a dynamic, highly challenging, and innovative atmosphere at the intersection of law, medicine, and science. Medical Officers are the cornerstone of FDA's mission to ensure the safety and efficacy of drug products. As a medical officer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Advance the public health through new drug development
- Experience teaching and training opportunities
- Interact with pharmaceutical companies and develop health policy
- Work with a wide range of scientific disciplines in a team oriented atmosphere
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Civil service base salary at the GS-14 level, plus a generous supplemental allowance determined by relevant experience, medical specialty, and board certification.
- Excellent Federal Government benefits package (health insurance, life insurance, thrift savings plan, retirement, etc.)
- Relocation expenses and student loan repayment may be paid to eligible candidates.
- Flexible and/or home-based work schedules available
Applicants must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree from an accredited medical school. Graduates of foreign medical schools must be certified by the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Candidates for Civil Service or U.S. Commissioned Corps must be U.S. citizens. Permanent U.S. residents may apply for staff fellowship appointments.
If you have any questions, you may direct them to the Recruitment Team at :firstname.lastname@example.org or: 301-796-0800. Those who wish to apply should submit their cover letters and CV/resumes to: OND-Employment@fda.hhs.gov. Please indicate that you are applying to source code 18-011EG.
FDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WITH A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT