Transplant & Liver Diseases Hepatology/Director of Development of Gastroenterology - Murray, UT - I
- Intermountain Healthcare is seeking a full-time Transplant Hepatologist to join the Hepatology Division of the Department of Internal Medicine in achieving goals in areas of patient care, outreach, education, and research. This position also to support the development of the gastroenterology service line within the central geographic region to optimize clinical care delivery and program recruitment.
- Physician must have completed an ACGME-approved resident program in Internal Medicine, be Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, be licensed in the State of Utah, have a minimum of five (5) years post-residency experience in clinical care at a liver transplant program, and have sufficient training to qualify as a UNOS principal physician of a Liver Transplant Program.
- Additional preference will be given to those with previous experience or education in medical administration and those who have Clinical Research experience
- It is expected that this physician will devote at least 80% of their professional time to areas of direct patient care within the Hepatology Division of the Department of Internal Medicine. The remaining time will primarily be spent in service line design and development and in optimizing efficiencies of the endoscopy service of Intermountain Medical Center, consistent with the strategic plan of developing a Center of Excellence in Digestive Diseases health. Subject to approval of the Operations Officer, responsibilities may include supervising physicians who provide Hepatology Services.
- As part of involvement with Intermountain Hepatology Clinic Services, this physician’s main duty will be to provide timely patient care services by providing outpatient clinic coverage of at least three (3) outpatient clinic days per week when not on service, with a mix of new and established patients; assisting in program outreach efforts; rendering endoscopy services such as ERCP on pre- and post-transplant patients; not exceed an on-call schedule greater than one in six weeks on inpatient services; arranging coverage by a physician of similar training and qualification (subject to approval); participating in interdisciplinary rounds and attending various conferences/meetings; participating with other physicians in ensuring there is twenty-four hour emergency coverage seven (7) days a week; and rendering consultative services to referring physicians during clinic business hours
- In addition to hepatology services, the Physician shall assist other physicians and staff in the following ways towards the development of a Digestive Diseases Service Line at Intermountain Medical Center: develop recruitment strategies and assure retention of key personnel within the Central Region; oversee the development and implementation of performance metrics in diagnostics and therapeutic endoscopy; assume responsibility for strategic development of nationally-recognized Digestive Diseases Center of Excellence in support of Intermountain’s mission of Helping People Live the Healthiest Lives Possible; recruitment of research and clinical partners to provide care towards the management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease; partner with pharmacy to develop and implement an infusion care pathway for high-cost GI medications; assist in providing a call structure that supports outreach efforts; and participate in and implement strategic initiatives and efforts of program development
- Employment position will be with Intermountain Hospital Services
- Competitive salary and additional compensation for meeting quality goals
- Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, 401K match and CME
- Relocation provided, up to 15K
- Visa sponsorship not available
Intermountain Healthcare Information
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible®. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the sixth consecutive year, Intermountain Healthcare was named as one of the "Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2018 by Becker's Hospital Review.
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour’s drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day’s drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA’s Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to:
Intermountain Healthcare, Attn: Wilf Rudert, Physician Recruiting
1-800-888-3134; Email: email@example.com