Geriatric Medicine - Post Acute Care
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Practice full spectrum Internal Medicine / Family Medicine / Gerontological care under the Medical Directorship of a Guthrie employed Physician.
- Work with larger network of primary care physicians to provide the best care possible for residents.
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Strong support from three nurse practitioners
- Work with the facility's various quality improvement teams
- Explore and learn more about palliative care
- Opportunity for outpatient clinic time if desired.
- Call is 1:7
- Guthrie’s Robert Packer Hospital Medical Education Department offers residency programs in family medicine, internal medicine and general surgery. Medical student training is provided for students from affiliated medical schools. The department also offers a 3-year cardiovascular disease fellowship.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Opportunity Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Hospital, Health Care, Healthcare, Medical, Clinical, Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, Advanced Practice, Advanced Practitioner, Full Time, Per Diem, Magnet, Health System, Physician, Doctor, MD, DO, Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy