Physician - Hospitalist
Here's your chance to be in Alaska! This job is provides a great work/life balance and exceptional income. Most importantly, make a difference in the community you serve!
$200,000 in loan forgiveness for those who qualify!
Just a few of the great things about Ketchikan:
- Housing with world class views! Ketchikan has some amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live there the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- We offer a hospital based day care with minimal cost to employees.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled in.
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too!
- Art and Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Enjoy incredible seafood cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
Here's a great video about PeaceHealth and the community of Ketchikan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9BAyyu8ys&feature=youtu.be
See more about Ketchikan, Alaska here: http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/en/About-Ketchikan/Ketchikan-Videos/Ketchikan-Overview
- Average daily census of 8
- 7 on and 7 off, block scheduling
- Compensation at MGMA 75%
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission teams to El Salvador
- Dedicated call room
- 24 hour ER physicians on staff
- Open ICU; procedures optional
- Competitive loan forgiveness compensation through PeaceHealth, state programs or HPSA qualifying sites
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center:
- Summer of 2016 will showcase our $60 million hospital renovation project
- Named one of the top critical access hospitals in the U.S.
- Exemplary performance in multiple areas including surgical care, pneumonia, heart failure and more
- 25 physicians and advance practice clinicians
- System-wide EPIC EMR
Benefit & Compensation Highlights:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement & relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational loan reimbursement for eligible providers
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
Candidates needing J1/H1-B Visa sponsorship are encouraged to apply!
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Danny S Keo.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.