New Haven, Connecticut
NEMG Yale New Haven Geriatric Services
Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) Yale New Haven (YNH) Geriatric Services if looking for a full-time geriatrician to join our innovative practice in a variety of settings (ambulatory primary care, Home care, Subacute rehabilitation, Inpatient and Outpatient consultation, Assisted Living Facilities and Continuing Care Retirement Communities). We also provide co-management to older adults on select inpatient units of Yale New Haven Hospital.
The ideal candidate will be fellowship trained in Geriatrics with board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and demonstrate excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
NEMG Yale New Haven Geriatric Services physicians hold clinical faculty appointments at the Yale School of Medicine. They participate in the education of Yale Geriatrics fellows, Internal Medicine residents and medical students and may have the opportunity to collaborate in clinical research projects.
As part of Yale New Haven Health, NEMG YNH Geriatric Services offers competitive salaries, a stimulating work environment, collaborative co-workers and a financially stable health system.
If interested, please email Tyrita Stewart, Physician Recruiter- Tyrita.Stewart@ynhh.org
No Agencies Please
- 1. Clinical Practice:
- 1.1 As patients are assigned in the nursing home setting or switch to one of the primary care practices the M.D. is to admit the patient to the practice in a timely manner and to ensure safe, high quality and efficient care that is coordinated with other clinical professionals.
- 2. Education:
- 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families.
- 3. Quality Improvement/Customer Satisfaction
- 3.1 Participates in team-based quality improvement and patient/customer satisfaction initiatives.
- 4. Patient Safety
- 4.1 Practices medicine in a manner to maximize patient safety.
- 5. Operations
- 5.1 Follows all Northeast Medical Group - YNH Geriatric Services policies and procedures.
M.D. degree, full residency training and Board eligibility/certification in internal medicine mandatory. Internal Medicine Board certified with Added Qualifications in Geriatrics preferred. Must have attending medical staff privileges at Yale-New Haven Hospital, hold a valid Connecticut medical license, Connecticut Controlled Substance Registration and Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Certification.
Two years of experience in primary care or nursing home care and/or completion of fellowship in primary care or geriatric care.
Cirrent MD license
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.