We are seekinga talentedAttending Psychiatristfor the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) chiefly provides psychiatric consultation to patients on BIT-covered floors and supervises the daily workflow of the BIT service.
At Bridgeport Hospital we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient’s specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care in the care provided to their patients.
These are exciting opportunities to join new and established practices that provide the following:
- Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care; Full suite of practice management services that allow physicians to focus on patient care
- Flexible schedules to ensure work/life balance
- Competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more!
Located in the beautiful settings of Westchester, Fairfield and New Haven Counties, these areas boast wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to New York City and Boston with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email CV to: Tyrita Stewart at Tyrita.Stewart@ynhh.org
No Agencies Please.
The responsibilities of the BIT Attending Psychiatrist include:
- Perform expert psychiatric consultation
- Serve as collaborating physician with BIT Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs)
- Provide point-of-care education where appropriate
- Co-sign APRN consultation notes
- Complete relevant medicolegal documentation, especially forms that APRNs are not authorized to complete by statute, hospital policy, or otherwise
- Develop collegial relationships with internal medicine providers to whom consultation is being provided
- Along with BIT APRNs, assist in daily work-flow, care assignment, and patient care
- Attend morning BIT rounds
- Oversee assignment of BIT screens
- Supervise assignment of new requests for psychiatric consultation by internal medicine
- Foster an environment of mutual respect among the disciplines represented on BIT
- Understand each team member’s expertise
- Ensure that work assignments are consistent with team members’ strengths
- Regularly coordinate with section, departmental and hospital administration for quality review
Psychiatrist with board certification in Psychiatry through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, licensed to practice in Connecticut, with strong preference for board-certification in the sub-specialty psychosomatic medicine. Must be eligible for Yale-New Haven Hospital Medical Staff and pertinent medical group privileges.
Previous clinical experience in consultation-liaison psychiatry is expected, preferably having completed a fellowship in psychosomatic medicine with sub-specialty board certification.
- Advanced communication skills
- Diplomatic approach to problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to negotiate differing perspectives to develop a mutually-acceptable course of action or treatment plan
- Facility with ethical obligations and how to navigate ethical conflicts
- Ability to perform evaluations of medical decision-making capacity
- Broad psychiatric knowledgebase
- Psychiatric diagnosis
- Personality types, personality disorders and how to engage each effectively
- Psychoactive effects of medical conditions
- Psychoactive effects of non-psychotropics
- Physiological effects of psychotropics
- Drug interactions with psychotropics
- Pharmacokinetics of psychotropics
- Expertise in approaching behavioral emergencies
- Expertise in de-escalation
- Coordination with security and medical staff
- Knowledge of hospital workflow to ensure efficient medical care and that psychiatric or behavioral factors do not compromise care delivery
- Sound clinical judgment
- Comfort in providing education to healthcare professionals of various disciplines and specialties
- Leadership by example, serving with each member of BIT
- Knowledge of relevant state, federal, hospital, and university regulations related to medical care
- Computer skills and knowledge of Electronic Medical Record are expected
- Effective personal traits include: collaboration, high-level competency, reliability, efficiency, flexibility, personability, integrity, respectability and compassion