Having trouble with the site? You will probably find the answer in our frequently asked questions below.
1. How does NEJM CareerCenter keep my information confidential?
Your information will not be shared unless you choose to divulge it OR you choose to make your profile public to recruiters and employers. Employers can search your profile only if you have set your visibility setting to “Allow employers to see your profile and attached resume”. You can adjust this setting in your account under “Who can view your profile?”
2. Did my application go through?
To view a record of applications you have submitted, log in to your account and click on “Your jobs." Under “Applications” you will see the jobs you have applied for.
3. I have applied for a job, but have not heard from the employer. Will my applications be acknowledged?
After you have contacted a specific employer, it is their responsibility to contact you. Some employers contact every applicant, but many are extremely busy and only contact applicants of interest.
4. Why was I was able to access my account without entering a login name or password?
The last time you used the system you did not logout. Your “cookies” — data left behind on your computer —remembered your login name and password. For security purposes, you should always click the logout link in the upper right hand corner of your account screen before leaving the site.
5. Can I mail my resume to the employer?
If the advertisement lists a mailing address, you may apply via postal mail. However, NEJM CareerCenter offers an easy application process that allows you to apply to jobs online and track.
6. How do I reply to an ad with a Reply Box?
Some advertisers utilize our confidential reply box service.
- If the employer has provided an email link in the detailed job description, use that to reply.
- If the employer has provided a postal address, send your CV and cover letter to that address. Be sure to include the reply box number listed in the ad copy to ensure that your CV is delivered to the correct employer.
7. I forgot the password for my account. How do I get a copy?
When you see the box to log in to your account, click on “Forgotten password?” Enter your email address and you will receive an email explaining how to set up a new password (you may need to check your junk or spam folder).
8. How do I stop Jobs by email alerts?
Log in to your account and click the “Job Alerts” button on the menu bar. On the “Your jobs” page you are able to edit, delete and preview all of your existing alerts under "Job alerts."
9. I just accepted a great job offer and am no longer looking. Can I remove my profile from your service?
We suggest you keep your resume and profile in the database so you don't have to start from scratch should you need it again. To remove your profile from employer searches, log in to your account and click the "Resume Upload" button from the menu bar. Under the “Who can view your profile?” you can hide your profile from all recruiters and employers by checking off the “No” button.
If you are sure that you want all your information taken out of the database permanently, select “Delete profile” at the bottom of “Your profile” screen. You will need to confirm your password once again before the system permanently deletes the account.
Still have questions? Didn’t find your answer here, or want to make a comment? Please call our customer service line at 800-635-6991.