Outpatient Internal Medicine Physician
The INTERNAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN shall perform essentially the same services as those required by any government service PHYSICIANS of similar experience and in similar duty assignments. Therefore, while specific tasks are outlined as listed below, responsibilities include but are not necessarily inclusive of tasks in which the PHYSICIAN shall provide.
All services shall be performed in accordance with established principles, practices, and ethics of the medical, and specialty professions/organizations. The standards of performance for all PHYSICIANS provided by contractor shall reflect the degree of care, skill, and learning expected of a reasonably prudent Internal Medicine Physician. The PHYSICIAN shall be board eligible or board certified in their respective training. The Physician must maintain a current unrestricted license to practice in any state or territory of the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the District of Columbia. The Physician must have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Shall have a minimum of one year experience within the last three years working as an Internal Medicine PHYSICIAN
- The Internal Medicine PHYSICIAN(s) must have successfully completed an accredited internship and residency in an Internal Medicine training program.
- Shall hold a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an accredited college approved by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Shall possess and maintain all current regulatory requirements for certification and/or licenses to practice medicine and a current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Registration Certificate in accordance with the laws of the state where the services are being provided.
- Provider shall be a U.S. Citizen.
Job Responsibilities: The PHYSICIAN will perform a full range of medical services to diagnose, treat, and manage patients are required in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat aliments and diseases IWA with the MTF policy and acceptable practices.
- Prepare and review case histories and obtain data through interviews of patients.
- Examine patients and determine required x-ray examinations, clinical laboratory tests, and diagnostic testing as required.
- Interpret test results and evaluate findings.
- Prescribe specific medication(s), diet, and treatment modalities and oversee contract nursing personnel in patient care.
- Admit and discharge patients to the wards appropriately for ailments or diseases. Initiate and oversee specialty consultation service referral requests. Confer with the appropriate specialists as necessary.
- Work under the general professional direction of the Service Chief of General Internal Medicine Services (GIMS).
- Make necessary rounds on inpatients, as needed
- Provide consultation services for members of the MTF staff for purposes of specialty area training. As required, the contracted Health Care Provider (HCP) will serve in a teaching capacity to staff members assigned to the MTF and ambulatory clinics.
- Maintain accurate clinical records and review consultation and laboratory work of specific patients. The HCP shall complete medical charting within three business day so patient visit IAW with JC guidelines.
- Provide advice and opinions upon request by the Services Chief of GIMS or the referring physician in support of patient care are treatment.
- When necessary, provide a Statement on Evaluation of Fitness IAW AR-40-501 or SecNAVInst 1850.4 and provide timely completion of Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) dictation and paperwork.
- The contract HCP shall be responsible for providing medical care during the required work hours, including routine call, as designated by the MTF and shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
- The Contract HCP shall assume additional administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinical operations and ensure compliance with JC standards, to include, but not limited to, managing daily schedules.
- The Contract HCP shall assume additional administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinical operations and ensure compliance with JC standards, to include, but not limited to, managing daily schedules, reviewing and disposition of consults, monitoring appointment utilization and patient access to care, conduction mandatory clinical training, monitoring clinical supplies and equipment, ensuring enforcement of clinical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies.
- Conduct monthly peer review as assigned
- Attend Command Training, GIMS Training, and staff meetings as directed.
Staffing and Scheduling:
Shifts shall be 8 hours in length, not to exceed 80 hours over a two-week period. As a guideline shift hours will range from 0600 to 1800 based on the needs of the clinic. (1) Daily Shifts shall be 8.5 hours in length with 30 minutes for lunch. Skipping lunch to leave work 30 minutes earlier is not permissible. (2) Shift hours are generally 0600 to 1800 Monday through Friday. The option to work 8.5 hours daily on a slightly different schedule either earlier or later may be available depending on the needs of the team but is not guaranteed. (3) Contract employees are required to sign or clock in and out upon arrival at the end of their shift.
For Internal Medicine Physician who work in a Primary Care Medical Home, shifts shall be 8 to 10 hours in length, not to exceed 40 hours per week. As a guideline shift hours will range from 0600 to 1800 based on the needs of the clinic. Contract HCPs hours shall be established on rotating shifts by a prearranged schedule that will provide uninterrupted service in the MTF.
Apply for Outpatient Internal Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.