Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Director Position - Southeastern, PA
West Reading, PA
Reading Hospital, part of Tower Health, a leading regional health system located in West Reading, PA and recipient of numerous awards including U.S. News top 5% ranking of all hospitals in the United States, is seeking an Emergency Medicine Physician to provide supervision and teaching to the program’s Emergency Medicine Residents and serve as the Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Director along with clinical duties.
Ultrasound Director will report to the Associate Director for Education and serve as a Core Faculty Member
- Pennsylvania’s busiest ED with 50+ physicians, treating over 133,000 patients annually including 28,000 children per year
- Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities and have a strong interest in the education of residents
- Assist with development of rotation goals and objectives for rotations, specifically the ultrasound rotation during the PGY-1 year
- Assist in the development and implementation of EM faculty/physician ultrasound education and ongoing professional performance evaluation (OPPE)
- Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas
- Evaluate residents using a system of competency-based/milestone evaluations as per program requirements
- Assist in review of all ERAS resident applications to contribute to the ranking process.
- Core faculty must not average more than 28 clinical hours per week or 1344 clinical hours/year
- 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts
- Very Competitive Salary and a Physician Incentive Program
- Educational Loan Assistance - Up to $100,000
- Relocation Assistance
- CME Allowance and Stipend
- 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement and Savings Plans
- Health Insurance and Other Benefits
- 600+ bed, tertiary independent academic medical center
- Ranked in top 5% nationwide for patient safety – HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award
- Academic affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University
- Partners with University of Pennsylvania to operate Level II Trauma Center
- A variety of living options, including suburban, urban and rural
- A service area population of over 400,000 and growing
- Two local school systems that consistently rank as among the top systems in Pennsylvania
- A lower cost of living when compared to other parts of the state, including a wide variety of beautiful homes at affordable prices
- The community's central location places it close by to an abundance of recreational amenities, professional sporting events, concerts, outstanding dining, fantastic shopping, antique stores, and so much more
- Philadelphia is only a little more than an hour away, Baltimore 1 ½ hours away, Washington DC and New York City are a little more than 2 hours away.
While there may be a number of Emergency Medicine positions available, few will offer a rewarding balance between academic and clinical duties, professional satisfaction, and income that this opportunity will provide. I highly recommend you take a few minutes to learn more about this exceptional practice.
Interested candidates please contact:
Vice President of Recruiting
Please reference Position ID 161508 when responding.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Ultrasound Director Position - Southeastern, PA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.