Internal Medicine practice in Northwest Washington State
Join an established PeaceHealth Internal Medicine practice in Bellingham. This group is well respected in the Bellingham community and fully integrated with specialty service lines and PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center—a 253 bed tertiary hospital, level II trauma center.
- Our collegial providers and staff are deeply integrated with the community and have a strong desire for neighbors.
- Team consists of 15 providers, including 11 physicians, 3 Nurse Practitioners, and 1 Physician Assistant split into 2 clinic suites. Call is 1:9; phone calls only.
- Stimulating and interesting pathology with a stable and loyal patient population and demographics. Serving approximately 18-20 patients per day.
- This group is developing as a medical home approach which fully integrates into population health initiatives and participating in CMS grant health improvements.
- Staff longevity—from recently joined to long-term physicians, advanced practice clinicians, nursing and ancillary staff, which is a testament to the positive and collegial work environment.
The Bellingham community offers:
- One destination, many adventures. Our community is filled with magnificent scenery, a culture of outdoor recreation, fine dining, a thriving art and music scene, numerous churches, family-centered activities, and so much more!
- We are an outdoor paradise! There is no shortage of breathtaking hikes, a relaxing camping trip, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives. The city has 65 miles of inner-urban trails.
- Education is key to our city. We are home to a community of strong education including Western Washington University and 2 community colleges.
- Just a 90-minute drive to Seattle or 45-minute drive to Vancouver, British Columbia! Go cheer on your favorite professional sports team, dine in ethnically diverse cities, and see some of the great historical sites.
- Ranked by Forbes as a “Top 25 places to retire” and the 2nd most “Fitness-friendly cities” in America!
- Explore more about Bellingham/Whatcom County here: https://www.bellingham.org/
A few benefits of working with PeaceHealth:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC health records
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- Educational Loan Repayment program for those who qualify
- CME reimbursement & Relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit allowance and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
- Opportunity to participate to mission trips to El Salvador
- Washington state does not have income tax
For more information see our careers page and search for requisition #123690
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,