One Medical - Innovative Primary Care in San Francisco
One Medical is a unique primary care practice – one designed to offer Clinicians a more satisfying, meaningful work environment and to offer patients higher-quality care.
Unlike health care organizations that are led by administrators, we’re a clinician-led organization that’s in touch with both patients’ and providers’ needs. One Medical’s model enables us to see fewer patients each day and spend more time engaging in thoughtful decision-making, and our team-based approach gives us the support we need to offer continuous care to patients, both in and out of the office.
Clinicians who work at One Medical enjoy a friendly, collegial environment, with an academic feel that offers many ongoing opportunities for learning and development. Most importantly, our team has a strong sense of purpose: we’re out to transform the health care system by fundamentally changing the way care is delivered.
We’re looking for like-minded medical professionals who want to practice medicine in a thoughtful and sustainable manner, build fulfilling careers and deliver the best possible health outcomes for patients.
When practicing at One Medical, you can expect:
- To see no more than 16 patients per day with no call schedules
- More time with your patients, minimum appointment times are 20 minutes
- A team-based approach to patient care with the support of our Virtual Medical Team
- Strong technology that enhances how you care for your patients; we’ve developed our own proprietary EMR system in-house, which evolves with our growing practice. We take feedback from our Clinicians to develop technology and tools to help you offer the best care to patients.
- Leadership opportunities ranging from traditional career paths of Office, District, and National Medical Directors to Process/Systems Improvement.
Successful candidates should have:
- An interest in using technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians dedicated to changing health care delivery
- BC/BE in Family or Internal Medicine
- Licensed in California
Started in 2005 by an internal medicine physician and co-founder of ePocrates, One Medical Group is now one of the fastest growing primary care systems in the country. We have redesigned the traditional medical practice using improved technology and operations to deliver higher-quality care and service at lower cost. We feature:
- Same-day access; longer visits that start on time; and reliable follow-up
- Online and mobile convenience such as appointment scheduling and prescription renewals
- Team-based, cost-effective care including the use of virtual medical teams available 24/7
- Strong support for continuing medical education, with time carved out weekly for learning and development
- Accepting most forms of insurance including commercial PPO, HMO, and Medicare
- World-class patient satisfaction, resulting in rapid patient growth and word-of-mouth buzz
- Beautifully-appointed, conveniently-located offices
- 60+ Offices in nine metropolitan areas (San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle) with plans to continue expansion nationally