Division Chief – Hematology/Oncology
Baystate Health, one of the nation’s leading healthcare systems and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for an experienced Hematology Oncology specialist to join Baystate Health’s Regional Cancer Program as Chief of Hematology Oncology.
As the region’s only academic cancer program and only program doing clinical research, our division provides interdisciplinary clinics across five locations in western Massachusetts. Our fully integrated program includes radiation, gynecologic, and surgical oncology and a dedicated oncology inpatient unit. We are an Accredited ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) program.
In this role, the chosen candidate will:
- Lead an accomplished clinical team of 12 physicians and five APCs.
- Assist in faculty development, system alignment, promotion of clinical, QI, and outcomes-based scholarship, manage division mission-based finances, and participate in the clinical, academic, and leadership activities of the Baystate Regional Cancer Program and the Baystate Dept. of Medicine.
- Enjoy a combination of clinical care and medical education. Our robust hem/onc fellowship program includes two fellows per year.
- Faculty appointment to UMass School of Medicine commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
- Investigator-initiated research, cooperative and pharmaceutical group trials, with both clinical and QI research opportunities available.
We seek an individual with outstanding clinical, clinical research, and teaching skills, who has experience in an academic and/or large integrated cancer program. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and will have a forward-looking vision.
We are committed to hiring clinicians who value a culture of compassion and appreciate diversity - while delivering a higher state of caring. Join us in our mission.
Please visit our website at: www.choosebaystatehealth.org ,or contact:
Wilson Mertens, MD, VP and Medical Director, Cancer Services
c/o Melissa Hale, Senior Physician Recruiter
Telephone: 413-794-2624; Fax: 413-794-5059
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.