Research Faculty Position - New York, NY
The New York Blood Center's Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute seeks applicants for a faculty position in the Laboratory of Infectious Disease Prevention, with rank of Assistant Member dependent on candidate's record and experience. The Laboratory focuses on studying the changing epidemiology of HIV infection and other blood-borne infections in New York City and conducting randomized clinical trials of prevention strategies, including preventive HIV vaccines, pre-exposure prophylaxis, and behavioral interventions.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a self-directed research agenda and contribute to the design and execution of collaborative research projects with the Laboratory of Infectious Disease Prevention (LIDP) and Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute of the New York Blood Center while obtaining funding from NIH and other sources.
- Develop and manage research projects, including research projects involving transfusion medicine or transfusion-transmitted infectious disease epidemiology.
- Contribute to design and execution of collaborative research projects, including involvement in HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) and HIV Prevention Trials Network (HPTN) HIV biomedical prevention studies.
- Obtain funding from external sources to support research goals.
- Publish peer-reviewed scientific articles and conduct presentations at relevant scientific conferences.
Highly competitive start-up support, salary and fringe benefits.
- MD Board eligible/Board certified in a medical specialty, with preference for the medical specialty of Infectious Diseases.
- Master’s degree in public health preferred. Non-clinicians with doctoral training (PhD or DrPH) in epidemiology or behavioral sciences or equivalent doctoral degree will be considered.
- Minimum of two years of experience with scientific investigation with a strong publication record and ability to obtain external funding in relevant research field.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that has supplied the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses / Certifications;
- New York State License to practice medicine preferred.
Applicants should send a cover letter, current CV, and names and contact information for three references to:
Hong Van Tieu, MD, MS, Co-Head, Laboratory of Infectious Disease Prevention
New York Blood Center
310 East 67th Street, New York, NY 10065