Division Head of Hospital Medicine - Henry Ford Medical Group
The Department of Medicine within the Henry Ford Medical Group (HFMG) is seeking a clinical physician leader to serve as Division Head for the Division of Hospital Medicine. Located in southeast Michigan, the Henry Ford Medical Group is part of the Henry Ford Health System (HFHS), one of the nation’s largest integrated healthcare systems, with a very robust clinical, academic, and research focus.
The Division of Hospital Medicine is comprised of 50 faculty physicians who cover over 220 beds in three hospitals, including an academic teaching service at Henry Ford Hospital, with more than 65,000 patient encounters annually. In collaboration with other System leaders, the Division Head is responsible for:
- Providing strong divisional leadership
- Developing and coordinating long-range plans for the Division
- Maintaining the highest standards of medical care and commitment to medical education in a leading Internal Medicine residency program
- Ensuring a highly-functioning, financially sound, integrated system-wide Division
- Maintaining a clinical identity, while devoting his/her abilities to the proper management, function, and efficiency of the Division
- Staff development, as well as recruitment of and retaining high-level staff
- Acts as a liaison to other local hospitals and physicians by maintaining relationships that are helpful and collaborative
- Encouraging all physicians of the importance of community outreach and exemplary communication with referring physicians
- Able to establish ambitious goals and lead all involved in a comprehensive program to achieve those goals
The successful candidate is expected to have a medical degree (MD/DO) with board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine with a Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine preferred). He/she must be qualified to be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Michigan and should have scholarly credentials appropriate to be proposed for a faculty appointment at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit your letter of interest and CV to Dr. Kimberly Baker-Genaw, Vice Chair of Medicine, in c/o Scott Johnson, Senior Physician Recruiter, at: email@example.com