Primary Care Physician Assistant Opportunities (Long Beach and Orange County, CA)
· Provide history and physical as appropriate for each member
· Provide the specified scope of services to member
· Refer, as necessary, certain medically necessary non-emergent hospital and specialty services
· Coordinate and direct appropriate care for member by means of an initial diagnosis and treatment, obtaining second opinions as necessary, and consultation with contracted specialists
· Follow-up on referrals made to specialists to assess the results of the care, medication regimen and special treatment, and ensure continuous care
· Establish procedures to contact members when they miss appointments, require re-scheduling for additional visits, or confirming referrals to a specialist for care
· Coordinate member discharge planning and referrals for other service
· Responsible for providing access to care for assigned members on a 24-hour, seven days a week basis. This includes arranging for on-call coverage.
· Submit services as claims/encounters with the usual and customary billed charges listed.
· Responsible for a mental health assessment, ruling out mental disorders due to a general medical condition, ruling out substance related disorders and identifying general medical conditions that cause or exacerbate psychological symptoms.
· Document all mental health services provided to members in the medical chart, including referrals to out of plan mental health providers
Certified Physician Assistant Degree