Primary Care Physician Assistant Opportunities (Long Beach and Orange County, CA)
· Provide history and physical as appropriate for each member
· Provide the specified scope of services to member
· Refer, as necessary, certain medically necessary non-emergent hospital and specialty services
· Coordinate and direct appropriate care for member by means of an initial diagnosis and treatment, obtaining second opinions as necessary, and consultation with contracted specialists
· Follow-up on referrals made to specialists to assess the results of the care, medication regimen and special treatment, and ensure continuous care
· Establish procedures to contact members when they miss appointments, require re-scheduling for additional visits, or confirming referrals to a specialist for care
· Coordinate member discharge planning and referrals for other service
· Responsible for providing access to care for assigned members on a 24-hour, seven days a week basis. This includes arranging for on-call coverage.
· Submit services as claims/encounters with the usual and customary billed charges listed.
· Responsible for a mental health assessment, ruling out mental disorders due to a general medical condition, ruling out substance related disorders and identifying general medical conditions that cause or exacerbate psychological symptoms.
· Document all mental health services provided to members in the medical chart, including referrals to out of plan mental health providers
Certified Physician Assistant Degree
Apply for Primary Care Physician Assistant Opportunities (Long Beach and Orange County, CA)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly