Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Opportunities in Orange County, CA
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1. Provide history and physical as appropriate for each patient
2. Effectively identify, evaluate, and address acute health conditions as well as disease prevention and health promotion issues.
3. Provide high quality patient care that is guided by protocols and standardized procedures.
4. Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultation.
5. Refer, as necessary, certain medically necessary non-emergent hospital and specialty services
6. Coordinate and direct appropriate care for member by means of an initial diagnosis and treatment, obtaining second opinions as necessary, and consultation with contracted specialists
7. Follow up on referrals made to specialists to assess the results of the care, medication regimen and special treatment, and ensure continuous care
8. Establish procedures to contact members when they miss appointments, require re-scheduling for additional visits, or confirming referrals to a specialist for care
9. Coordinate member discharge planning and referrals for other service
10. Submit services with the usual and customary billed charges in a timely fashion.
11. Responsible for a mental health assessment, ruling out mental disorders due to a general medical condition, ruling out substance related disorders and identifying general medical conditions that cause or exacerbate psychological symptoms.
12. Document all mental health services provided to members in the medical chart, including referrals to out of plan mental health providers.
13. Be at work, and be on time
14. Follow company policies, procedures, and directives
15. Interact in a positive and constructive manner
16. Prioritize and multitask
· California RN-Nurse Practitioner Licensure.
· Furnishing License
· Masters Degree in Nursing
· National Certification in related specialty (e.g. Family Nurse Practitioner)
· Current BLS
· NPI and DEA