Pediatric Surgery Opportunity – Albuquerque, NM
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan, and a growing multispecialty medical group with more than 800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is seeking a Pediatric Surgeon to join our dynamic Children’s Service line at Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque. Our Pediatric Surgery team provides general pediatric surgery and hematology/oncology surgery support.
- 21-Bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- 56-Bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 35-Bed Pediatric Unit.
- Staff complement: Pediatric Intensivist, Neonatologist, and Pediatric Hospitalist in-house 24/7.
- Subspecialties include cardiology, pediatric cardiovascular surgery, neurology, endocrinology, surgery, ENT, pulmonology, gastroenterology, hematology and oncology, feeding and development, chronic care, infectious disease, nephrology, and radiology.
- System-Wide EPIC EMR
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Generous Time Off Program (vacation, sick leave, CME, and holiday)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more one in three New Mexicans with healthcare or coverage.
We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico’s unique blend of Spanish, Mexican, and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos’ nuclear scientists, Roswell’s visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe’s artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places, and experiences that make this state great.
Located at 7,000 feet in the southern Rocky Mountains, Santa Fe is the capitol of New Mexico and is one of the greatest destination cities of the world. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is immediate access to skiing, mountain biking, hiking, river rafting, rock climbing, and other sports along with a regional airport that allows easy access and weekend getaways.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing, and biking to skiing, snowboarding, and boating, it’s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.