Gynecologic Oncologist Joint Appointment
Granted the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ 2016 by Healthgrades, Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Gynecologic Oncologist Joint Appointment
Wentworth Douglass Hospital (WDH) in Dover, NH a subsidiary of the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), which is a founding member of the Partners HealthCare, an integrated health care delivery system that includes the two founding academic medical centers, community hospitals, primary care and specialty physicians, specialty facilities, community health centers, and other health-related entities. Mass General has consistently placed among the top hospitals on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll since the survey began in 1990. In 2015, Mass General was named #1 in the nation based on quality of care, patient safety and reputation in 16 clinical specialties.
Wentworth Douglass Hospital (WDH) is currently seeking a BC/BE Gynecologic Oncologist to lead the Gynecologic Oncology Program at its Seacoast Cancer Center. The position is a joint clinical appointment between WDH and the Gynecologic Oncology Program at MGH.
In collaboration with MGH, the Seacoast Cancer Center at WDH established a program in 2008 to promote excellence in the assessment and treatment of gynecologic malignancies and to provide specialty care in our community. The Gynecologic Cancer Program at the Seacoast Cancer Center has grown to be recognized as a Center of Excellence for Gynecologic Oncology throughout the seacoast region.
As a subsidiary of MGH, WDH has the advantages and support of being an integral part of the largest Harvard teaching hospital. The position involves clinical and leadership responsibilities primarily at WDH. In addition, clinical, teaching, and research opportunities at MGH are available, as well as academic appointment through the Harvard Medical School system commensurate with experience for interested individuals meeting teaching and other relevant criteria.
- Permanent full-time employment through the WDH organization
- Lead the Gynecologic Oncology program at the Seacoast Cancer Center
- Exciting opportunity for direct involvement and experience in an urban quaternary academic center
- Shared clinical service rotation between WDH and MGH
- Office and surgical schedule in the fastest growing progressive community hospital in New Hampshire with capabilities for most complex gynecologic surgical procedures and modalities including full robotic program.
- Reports to the Chief of Ob/Gyn Services at WDH and Medical Oncology Director of the Seacoast Cancer Center WDH.
- Competitive compensation with a full work/life benefit package
- Professional liability coverage through CRICO, the insurance partners of the Harvard Medical System; tail coverage included
- Covered expenses for licensure, dues, associations, travel, and education
- On-site within full service state-of-the-art, ACoS CoC accredited Seacoast Cancer Center
- BE/BC Gynecologic Oncologist
- Dual licensure, New Hampshire and Massachusetts
- Completion of an accredited fellowship program with a focus on female reproductive cancers and expertise in the administration and management of chemotherapy and indications for radiation therapy
- Experienced in all aspects of gynecologic surgery including oncology and complex benign pathology
- Program leadership role focused on development and expansion of The Gynecologic Cancer Program at the Seacoast Cancer Center
Personal Qualities and Characteristics:
- Highly motivated to succeed in a dual setting
- Dedicated to excellence in multidisciplinary and personalized patient care
- Focused on patient safety and exceptional outcomes
- Service and team oriented
- Committed to continued learning, research, leadership, and personal and professional growth
- Maintain collegial relationships with medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other specialists in the Seacoast Cancer Center
If you are a compassionate healthcare professional committed to providing the highest quality patient care, we invite you to apply by sending your CV to:
Lead Staffing Partner
789 Central Avenue
Dover, NH 03820
Direct Line: 603-740-2182