GASTROENTEROLOGIST – BATON ROUGE, LA
Ochsner Health System Baton Rouge is seeking a Gastroenterologist to join its expanding office-based practice. Applicants must be BE/BC in Gastroenterology.
Details of the Position:
- Current group employs five Board Certified Gastroenterologists, including a fellowship trained Transplant Hepatologist
- Three Advanced Practice Professionals assist with consults, follow-up clinic appointments, and patient overflow
- State-of-the-art Endoscopy Lab with latest EUS equipment, impedance, pH and manometry capability
- Dedicated Anesthesia coverage in the GI Lab
- 24/7 Reliable hospitalist support
- Large referral base and great specialist support
- 1:5 Weekly call rotation shared with the group; will expand to 1:6 once a new physician joins the team
- Research opportunities available
- EPIC medical record utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training
- Sign-on bonus
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
Ochsner Health System:
Ochsner Health System is comprised of more than 1,100 physicians. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year.
Ochsner Baton Rouge is part of Ochsner Health System, the largest non-profit, academic, multispecialty, healthcare delivery system in this region of the United States with more than 80 locations, and 29 owned, managed, and affiliated hospitals in South Louisiana.
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to 11 Ochsner Health Centers and Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full-service, 85-acre, 150-bed facility.
More than 1,500 employees serve our patients in Baton Rouge, including approximately 160 physicians and mid-level providers.
Care Chex®, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge #1 in Baton Rouge in 9 different specialties, including overall hospital care and top 10% in nation in 8 different specialties, including gastrointestinal care and gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
Calling Baton Rouge…Home:
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it the most populous city in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, two major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Please e-mail CV to: email@example.com; or call: 800-488-2240 for more information. Reference# NEJMGBR.
Sorry, no J-1 Visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.