Hematologist Oncologist - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ochsner Health System in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is seeking a BC/BE HEMATOLOGIST ONCOLOGIST to join its expanding practice. The successful candidate will join four board certified Hematologist/Oncologists in a robust office practice with a large referral base.
Details of the Position:
- Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge to open Summer 2017 offering both chemotherapy infusion and radiation oncology services
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst the physicians in the group
- Hospital consultant practice only
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Research and teaching opportunities available
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform State
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and training
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
The Greater Baton Rouge region is home to 13 Ochsner Health Centers and Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge, a full-service, 85 acre, 150-bed facility. In Baton Rouge alone, more than 1,500 employees serve our patients, including over 160 physicians and mid-level providers. Care Chex®, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge as the #1 hospital in Baton Rouge across 14 different specialties and amongst the top 10% in the nation for medical excellence, including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Medical Care, and Overall Surgical Care.
Ochsner Baton Rouge is part of Ochsner Health System, Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system with 29 owned, managed, and affiliated hospitals and more than 80 health centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by US News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across four specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs over 1,100 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties.
Situated on the Mississippi River, Baton Rouge represents the best of Louisiana’s vibrant culture. The capital city, located in Southeast Louisiana, is home to over 800,000 residents making it the most populous city in the state. It is a very family-oriented city with great schools, two major universities (Louisiana State University and Southern University), restaurants, shopping, and an abundance of sports and cultural opportunities. Known for its great people, unique food, and lively music, Baton Rouge has something for everyone!
Furhan Yunus, MD, FACP, Chairman, Department of Hematology/Oncology is attending the ASCO Annual Meeting and would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss this opportunity.
Interested physicians should e-mail their CV and availability to: email@example.com; or call: 800-488-2240. Reference # NEJM-BRHO.
Sorry, no J-1 Visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.