Medical Director PICU
Medical Director PICU – Albuquerque, NM
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan, and a growing multispecialty medical group with more than 800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state’s largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
The Children’s Program at Presbyterian Hospital is seeking a Medical Director for the PICU service. The Medical Director will be responsible for the management of MD staff including development and coaching evaluations, dealing with performance issues, strong collaboration with unit Nursing leadership; ECMO program management and development; PICU program development. PICU MD skills including the management of post CV surgery patients a must.
- 21 Beds
- Admitted 669 patients in 2016
- Level III NICU with over 60 beds
- Pediatric Hospitalist manages a 36-bed unit.
- Pediatric Intensivist, Neonatologist, and pediatric hospitalist in-house 24/7.
- Pediatric subspecialties include cardiology, pediatric cardiovascular surgery, neurology, endocrinology, surgery, ENT, pulmonology, hematology, and oncology; feeding and development, chronic care, infectious disease, nephrology, and radiology.
- System-Wide EPIC EMR
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Generous Time Off Program (vacation, sick leave, CME, and holiday)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
Presbyterian’s story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more one in three New Mexicans with healthcare or coverage.
We are part of New Mexico’s history – and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico’s unique blend of Spanish, Mexican, and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos’ nuclear scientists, Roswell’s visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe’s artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places, and experiences that make this state great.
Located at 7,000 feet in the southern Rocky Mountains, Santa Fe is the capitol of New Mexico and is one of the greatest destination cities of the world. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is immediate access to skiing, mountain biking, hiking, river rafting, rock climbing, and other sports along with a regional airport that allows easy access and weekend getaways.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing, and biking to skiing, snowboarding, and boating, it’s all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke-free campuses.
Apply for Medical Director PICU
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly