Associate Chief Medical Officer for Medical Affairs, Pharmacy, and Therapeutics
As The Associate Chief Medical Officer of Medical Affairs, Pharmacy, and Therapeutics Officer at Northwell Health, you will correlate variations in utilization data and adherence to evidence based practice guidelines to patient outcomes. Working closely with IT and System Quality leadership, you will leverage the electronic health record for safe ordering practices, clinical decision support, and data collection to pursue improvements in clinical safety and quality. This opportunity will allow you the ability to maintain your clinical practice up to 40% of the time, while leading system initiatives to enhance physician engagement and improve patient care in these areas.
The Associate Chief Medical Officer will lead the Northwell effort to improve quality through reducing variability in pharmaceuticals, therapeutics, supplies, medical devices, and equipment utilized in patient care. This role includes leadership of Northwell Health System Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee and oversight of Northwell Health System clinical Value Analysis committees.
The Chief will also serve in an evaluative, educational, and advisory capacity to the medical staff and organizational administration in all matters pertaining to the use of medications, therapeutics, supplies, and medical devices with a goal of improving quality through reducing variability. Responsibilities include oversight of improvements in medication and therapeutics safety, in conjunction with System Quality and the Office of the Chief Medical Informatics Officer. This individual will work closely with the SVP of Consolidated Business Services in the prioritization and pursuit of these efforts.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Doctorate Degree in medicine.
- Completed an accredited residency program.
- Board Certified in a specialty.
- Master’s in Business Administration a plus.
- Current unrestricted, active license to practice medicine in New York State or has the ability to obtain an unrestricted New York State medical license.
- Knowledge of hospital operations. Large IDN experience a plus
- Clinical experience (five to ten years)
- Experience utilizing medical informatics.
- Data analysis related to market performance
- Time management, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Change management, negotiation, and resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess good communications skills.
- Ability to influence staff and network physicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participation in professional societies (i.e. AAPL, NAMCP, etc.).
- Ability to act in a matrixed and team environment.
- Ability to act independently when needed.
- Knowledge of UM software a plus.
Apply for Associate Chief Medical Officer for Medical Affairs, Pharmacy, and Therapeutics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly