Clinical Coding Officer
MCG Health, the leader in evidence-based medical guidelines, is looking for a passionate experienced Clinical Coding Officer who will be involved in providing hands on work in transforming care delivery through the use of our products and services.
Our culture represents collaboration, acceptance, diversity, and an environment that rewards exceptional performance through promotional and compensation opportunities. You have the ability to work from home, with hours that provide an ideal work/life balance.
MCG Health is a member of the Hearst and Hearst Business Media Organization.
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for maintaining current and accurate coding of all of MCG’s clinical guidelines across the continuum of care, including ICD-10 (diagnosis and procedure), ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, and DSM-5 codes, in direct support of the health research team and the Managing Editors. This position will also work with the health research team to complete other project work related to clinical coding, such as statistical analysis of claims data and creation of benchmarks, and to synthesize new products or solutions that assist our customers with issues related to coding.
- Reviews, evaluates, and assigns ICD-10 (diagnosis and procedure), ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, and DSM-5 codes to new MCG guidelines as needed.
- Reviews, evaluates, and assigns newly released codes to MCG guidelines, as needed.
- Works with Managing Editors to ensure that coding performed for other projects is current and accurate.
- Serves as a resource for technical questions and provides mentoring and knowledge sharing to the rest of the team.
- Works with Director of Content Production and Lead Actuary to create workflows and milestones to ensure that all deliverables related to coding are ready when needed.
- Works with health research team to maintain Master Code Tables.
- Guideline development – expert at literature search and evidence evaluation, expert at use of tools and systems for guideline writing, excellent clinical judgment, excellent attention to detail
- Delivers internal and external presentations as assigned
- MD or DO license in a state or territory of the United States required. Other research, academic/administrative, business/consulting, payer experience, or advanced degree (MPH, MBA, or similar) is a plus.
- ABMS Board Certification preferred, preferably in one or more of the following areas: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, General Surgery.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience
- Certification from AHIMA
- Expertise with ICD-10 CM and PCS, ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, and DSM-5 codes.
- Familiarity with health services research
- Familiarity with evidence-based medicine and critical appraisal techniques
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with a variety of software tools/applications (eg, Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, content management systems)
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, client-focused, changing environment.
We offer an exceptional Work/Life balance; outstanding base salary with excellent benefits including comprehensive medical/dental/vision; bi-annual bonus; 401K with match; career growth and advancement, challenging and rewarding work in the healthcare industry; ability to work remotely, and the opportunity to work on a talented, collaborative, inclusive, and energized team! MCG will most definitely be the last and best employer you’ll experience!
Further information on MCG can be found at: www.mcg.com
Position not right for you? Refer a friend and if they’re hired, we will issue you a referral bonus – no strings attached. For further information, please contact Stefon Ricard at: email@example.com
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”