Palliative Care Physician
The PinnacleHealth PalliativeCare program is seeking a physician to join a department of five to provide end of life care to our patients within our three hospitals and affiliated skilled nursing facilities.
- Join a growing, successful program including two physicians and two certified nurse practitioners who provide palliative/supportive care, end of life care, and hospice care
- Actively identify opportunities to improve the patient and family care experience
- Improve the effectiveness of resources as used in management of symptoms, end of life care, and complex chronic medical and social issues
- Flexible schedule, full-time position
- Teaching opportunities with medical students; family practice, internal medicine, and surgery residents; and nursing and CRNP students
- Shared call 1:5
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in palliative medicine
- Must be able to assess, evaluate, plan, and implement care in complex and life limiting situations
- Must be capable of offering specialized knowledge and skill to all members of the healthcare staff
- Must have the ability to balance emotionally challenging situations in the context of serious medical illness
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care as well as family support and demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Highly competitive salary with potential sign-on bonus
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) with employer match
- Professional dues and CME allowance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation allowance
PinnacleHealth System has been a leading provider of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services in central Pennsylvania since 1873 and is recognized for high-quality care with national and regional recognitions for volumes, outcomes, and safety.
The 636-bed system has three acute care hospitals (Community General Osteopathic, Harrisburg, and West Shore Hospitals) on four campuses (Community, Harrisburg, Polyclinic, and West Shore) serving a five-county service area and supporting rural hospitals through affiliations and telehealth services.
PinnacleHealth pursues innovative treatment options for the region through cardiac and cancer clinical trials, while offering convenient community services including medical home certified primary care, urgent care, Magnet recognized nursing excellence, emergency services, imaging, high volume maternity care, and a level III NICU, and workplace based wellness services.
PinnacleHealth includes a CardioVascular Institute and Cancer Institute, as well as a Bone and Joint Institute and Spine Care Center.