Carilion Clinic has an opportunity available for a general Non-Invasive Cardiologist to join the faculty of the Section of Cardiology at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, a 703-bed acute-care academic medical center located in Roanoke, Virginia. Cardiac catheterization is not required, but echo, nuclear and other advanced imaging skills are desirable as well as Board Certification in Clinical Lipidology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease or other sub-specialty is a plus.Outreach within 45-60 minutes of Roanoke is required at times. Opportunity for teaching cardiology fellows and medical students at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine in Roanoke, but amount of responsibility will vary. Position available immediately to replace a retiring physician and growth. Aspects of this position include:
- Board Certification in Clinical Lipidology or Adult Congenital Heart Disease are favorable credentials
- Echo and nuclear certification and other imaging a plus
- Large primary care and specialty referral base of 695+ physicians
- Teaching cardiology fellows and medical students at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- 23+ onsite Graduate Medical Education Programs
- Salary comparable to private practice, and includes pension and benefits, plus potential for bonus
- Paid malpractice and tail
The Roanoke Valley is a metro area of 300K+ located at the southern tip of Virginia's Shenandoah Valley, surrounded by the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains with never-ending vistas. The region offers affordable housing, plenty of outdoor activities, and cultural, professional, and educational opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Base salary plus incentive plan based upon production and quality measures
- Two Tier Bonus Plan
- Carilion Clinic Physician, Employed
- Relocation Allowance up to $10,000
- 20 day vacation
- CME, Days & Allowance
- Health/Vision with Wellness Incentives and Pharmacy
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plans - 403(b) and Deferred Compensation
- Defined benefit pension plan
- PAID malpractice and tail
The Roanoke Valley is a metropolitan area of more than 300,000, nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Roanoke has amenities that you'd expect from a dynamic urban center, without losing the charming feeling of a smaller place. Expansion Management named Roanoke Valley one of its Five-Start Communities for quality of life. The ranking is based on a reasonable cost of living, affordable housing, low crime, excellent transportation access, good public schools, proximity to community colleges and universities, and educated workforce and low taxes.
- Mild weather and four seasons
- Bike the Blue Ridge Parkway and hike the legendary Appalachian Trail
- Boating, camping, swimming at Smith Mountain Lake, 500 miles of shoreline
- Theater, symphony, ballet, opera, fine arts, and museums
- Two hours to ski resorts, with chalets or five-star lodging
- US Department of Education has recognized Roanoke Valley Schools for being among the nation's best.
- Roanoke County, Roanoke City and Salem City school systems have Advanced Placement classes and the international Baccaulareate program.
- Nationally ranked & internationally acclaimed colleges and universities
- The National Civic League named Roanoke an All-American City six times
One of the largest hospitals in the state, Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital (CRMH) is a 703-bed hospital with an additional 60-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The facility recently completed a large expansion project, adding a new Emergency Department, Labor and Delivery unit and the Carilion Clinic Children's Hospital complete with a Pediatric Emergency Room. Now in it's second century of providing premiere healthcare services, CRMH also features a Level I trauma center. In addition to offering high-tech services, the hospital is home to 24 Graduate Medical Education Programs affiliated with Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, University of Virginia and Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Patients have access to nearby specialty clinics, family medical centers, and a host of personalized treatment options, making this the region's most comprehensive group of healthcare providers.
Amy Silcox, Physician Recruiter
Roanoke, VA 24022 - 32