Internal Medicine Physician
The candidate will be recommended for a faculty appointment in the Department of Medicine's Division of General Internal Medicine. Under the leadership of the primary care medical director, the candidate will contribute to the highest quality standards of the clinical practice and its financial solvency.
The candidate must maintain New York State licensure and compliance with continuing education requirements, patient care operations (charting, performing test and communicating results in a timely manner, prescription medication management, visit throughput), use of facilities, and annual goals and objectives.
- Provides acute/urgent care of emergent/acute illnesses and injuries, to include ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests.
- Provide medical services to the patients of the clinic, inclusive of all functions necessary to provide quality medical care.
- See patients in a timely and efficient manner, staying reasonably on time for scheduled appointments throughout the day, unless exceptional circumstances occur.
- Diagnose and provide medical treatment.
- Formulates treatment plans.
- Manages short and long-term conditions.
- Performs complete and focused physical exams.
- Provides patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit.
- Verifies and documents that the patient understands the diagnosis, treatment, and follow up recommendations.
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care provider
- Documentation of Care includes but is not limited to:
- Maintains and submits timely and appropriate medical records and billing codes
- Charting in the patient’s medical record is routinely completed on the same day as the patient’s visit.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Practice using sound medical judgment and adhere to all ethical considerations of the practice of medicine; keep abreast of current technologies and industry standards.
- Continually advise administration of any issues that may impact the practice.
- Physicians must be flexible, adapt to change, and serve as a role model for staff.
- Regularly attends required meetings and participates in organizational functions when necessary.
- Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with all clients, co workers and others.