Psychiatry - Medical Director/Department Chair and Emergency Setting (Access Center) - Salt Lake Ci
- BC Medical Director/Emergency Medicine Psychiatrist in Salt Lake City for a .50 FTE Medical Director/Department Chair and .50 FTE emergency setting (Access Center) care to work at LDS Hospital
- Hospital Department Chair duties:
- Chair monthly department meeting
- Attend monthly MEC
- Strategic planning
- Development of policies
- Assure regulation to quality and regulatory standards
- Report to Hospital Medical Director
- Complete and manage call schedule
- Oversee non-employed physician and APC credentialing
- Acute Care Psychiatry Medical Director duties:
- Provide leadership for inpatient psychiatrists
- Chair monthly inpatient doctors meetings
- Chair monthly Peer Review meeting
- Assist in training hospital personnel
- Oversite of Crisis Workers
- Oversight of Telecrisis
- Participates in recruitment activities as appropriate
- Coordinates and executes on physician driven quality improvement projects
- Oversight of HBIPS performance
- Executes implementation of clinical and associated operational best practices developed by the Clinical Programs. Works closely with Clinical Programs, follows system standards and ensures appropriate education.
- Monitors and tracks to ensure clinical and operational compliance in related area
- Shift work. No post shift call.
- Work in a team based atmosphere to stabilize patients in crisis with Social Work, Nursing, Pharmacy, Techs, and Discharge planners
- The Access Center serves the following purposes: 1) improving initial access to psychiatric services throughout the region, 2) improving patient navigation to appropriate resources, 3) extending resources where they would otherwise not be available, and 4) alleviating inefficient use of resources in other settings (e.g., extended emergency department stays)
- This service is critical to the success of a population health strategy
- Employment position with the Intermountain Medical Group
- Competitive salary and additional compensation for meeting quality goals. Additional pay for each additional shift worked.
- Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, 401K match, CME, malpractice coverage.
- Signing Bonus, Stipend available, Student loan repayment for qualified candidates
- Relocation provided, up to 15K
- Visa sponsorship is not available
Intermountain Healthcare Information
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the second year in a row, Forbes magazine has named Utah’s Intermountain Healthcare among the nation’s top 3 healthcare organizations, and within the top 25 employers overall. Intermountain Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary care and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour’s drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day’s drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA’s Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to:
Attn: Wilf Rudert, Physician Recruiting
Apply for Psychiatry - Medical Director/Department Chair and Emergency Setting (Access Center) - Salt Lake Ci
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly