Seeking FM/IM Hospitalist Candidates for West Texas Opportunity
IASIS Healthcare is seeking a BC/BE FM/IM Hospitalist in Odessa, TX. Accepting MD or DO candidates, interested physicians must be licensed or in the process of being licensed in the state of TX.
- 18-20 daily patient census
- 2 weeks on/2 weeks off call schedule, 7 am – 7 pm
- Night call is phone only
- Rounding in the ICU required
- Midlevel providers in place only at night
- Willing to consider both Family Medicine and Internal Medicine candidates
Compensation package includes:
- Paid malpractice
- Paid CME plus allowance
- Retirement package including 401k with matching
- Excellent benefit package options
Odessa Regional Medical Center began as a women’s and children’s hospital in 1975. Since then, ORMC has become a leading provider of comprehensive healthcare services. The 225-bed, state-of-the-art hospital now offers sophisticated procedures like heart surgery and is home to the most advanced medical technology available today. ORMC has evolved over the years, but one thing hasn’t changed – the hospital still offers the same family-friendly atmosphere and personal attention patients have trusted for over 40 years.
- Services include 2 high-risk OB clinics, located in Odessa and Midland, staffed with 4 Maternal Fetal Medicine Physicians. The facility has a 9 bed Labor and Delivery Unit and a 49 bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care unit. Specialty women’s services include gynecological surgery, an incontinence program and the Women’s Center with digital mammography, stereotactic biopsy capabilities, and bone density.
- 12-bed Level IV emergency department providing comprehensive emergency medical services
- OR locations on 3 campuses provide ample capacity for Surgical Service lines with 14 ORs. Surgical specialties include Bariatrics, Cardiovascular, General, Gynecological, Orthopedic, Podiatric, Reproductive, Spine, and Urologic cases.
- Comprehensive heart program with cardiac catheterization, heart surgery, 64-slice CT imaging and a broad range of cardiology services
- Advanced diagnostic imaging technology including 64-slice CT Scanner, brand new 1.5 MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Digital Mammography, Ultrasound and Bone Densitometry
Medical Support provided by Hospitalist and Intensivist Programs
- ORMC is proud to be the facility of choice in Odessa as evidenced by the local paper reader’s poll, “Odessa American Best of the Basin”, has voted ORMC the best hospital for 4 years in a row!
Odessa is a mid-sized, family-friendly community of 118,000. Combined with Midland, TX, population of 135,000 (just 20 miles away), the city is part of a large metro area of 300,000. An international airport located just 15 minutes from the hospital conveniently connects Odessa/Midland to the rest of country and beyond.
Many residents love living in Odessa for its great sense of community, great schools (including several private school options), and favorable cost of living. Additionally, there are a variety of cultural events and venues including the $17M Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center which is home to the Midland/Odessa Symphony & Chorale as well as plays, concerts, comedians, and other touring acts. Recent performers are or will be REO Speed Wagon, The Blue Man Group, The Piano Guys, Olivia Newton John, The Charlie Daniels Band, The Russian Ballet, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie - just to name a few.
Odessa has several professional sports teams including the Texas League (Minor League Baseball), the Midland RockHounds (Double-A affiliate of the Oakland A’s), the Odessa Jackalopes (North American Hockey League), and the West Texas Drillers (Minor Professional Football League).
Nature-lovers will appreciate the nearby Davis Mountains State Park and Big Bend National Park (approximately two-and-a-half hours away) which contribute to the region’s beautiful landscape. Outdoor recreation opportunities include hiking, camping, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding and more.
Community-oriented and family-focused, Odessa is a wonderful place to live and raise a family.Welcome to IASIS Healthcare
Healing is a process, not an event. We understand and respect this, just as the ancient Greeks did. They gave us the Hippocratic Oath, and from them, we took our name.
“IASIS” - an ancient Greek word that means “the process of healing”.
We are a healthcare services organization delivering high-quality, cost-effective healthcare through a broad and differentiated set of capabilities and assets, including acute care hospitals with related patient access points and a diversified and growing managed care risk platform.
Our company is comprised of our acute care operations, which include 16 acute care hospitals, one behavioral hospital and multiple other access points, including 132 physician clinics, multiple outpatient surgical units, imaging centers, and investments in urgent care centers and on-site employer-based clinics, that serve more than a combined 1.1 million patients annually, and our diversified and growing managed care risk platform, Health Choice and its affiliated entities.
Our business model is centered on deploying our acute care expertise and managed care risk platform, either separately or on an integrated basis, in urban and suburban markets to manage population health, integrate the delivery and payment of healthcare services and ultimately expand our total market opportunities within our existing and new geographic markets.Our Background
Founded in 1998, privately held IASIS Healthcare is a leading owner and operator of community-focused hospitals in high-growth markets. IASIS Healthcare began principal operations in October of 1999, in transactions arranged by the management team and Joseph Littlejohn & Levy. In 2004, Texas Pacific Group, a private equity firm managing more than $48 billion in assets, led a group of investors to acquire IASIS. Today, TPG is the single largest stockholder in IASIS.
Apply for Seeking FM/IM Hospitalist Candidates for West Texas Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly