Opportunity for an Observation Unit Physician:
PinnacleHealth, a growing, multi-site health system is seeking a well qualified physician to care for patients in our observation units. Join our growing team of Observationalists in an innovative field of medicine. This position will report up through the Department of Emergency Medicine. Do what you were trained to do, and love your job at the same time. Treat the conditions that you’re passionate about in a fast paced setting.
As an Observation Unit Physician you will:
- Provide medical care to patients in our 14-bed unit at Harrisburg Hospital or six-bed unit at West Shore Hospital
- Assess and treat patients within 24-hour observation period
- Provide oversight of advanced care practitioners
- Work with leadership team to improve quality and best practices
- Enjoy flexible work hours
- Board certified/board eligible in Emergency Medicine, Family Practice, or Internal Medicine
- Inpatient experience preferred
- Commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients
- Team oriented with ability to provide personalized patient care and demonstrate exceptional clinical outcomes
- Competitive salary plus incentive bonus
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) with employer match
- CME allowance
PinnacleHealth, a seven-hospital health system in south central PA, is one of Pennsylvania’s top hospitals and healthcare organizations. We are dedicated to maintaining and improving the health and quality of life for central Pennsylvania.
Our providers are key to an effective, progressive, successful health system. We recognize and celebrate their advanced skill sets and value them as evidenced by the key leadership positions they hold.
Central Pennsylvania features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of arts, entertainment, and historically significant areas close by like Gettysburg. The region also offers top rated public schools, blue ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities. And with affordable homes, it’s a great place to grow your career and your family.
Listed among Forbes.com “America’s Most Livable Cities” and ranked 34th in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live” in 2017, we are a day trip away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Join a team that is truly patient centered. More than treating just the physical aspects of a condition, we address the whole person – mind, body, and spirit.