Are you highly skilled at educating patients about vision health, even if they have never considered vision as part of their regular health routine? Do you value every patient interaction as a way to build long-term relationships based on trust and mutual understanding? Do you wish that you could reach more patients and help them understand why taking care of their vision is so important?
Join an organization where you will have the opportunity to educate the public on preventative medicine, vision health and general eye care.
Be one of the first Optometrists to give patients access to vision care in a place where they already go for regular health and wellness products! Connect with patients in a way you never could before, and help those who may have previously disregarded their vision health. Plus, become a valued pillar of the community - someone that patients know they can count on to simply be there when needed.
As an Optometrist with this company, you will be provided state-of-the-art equipment allowing you to practice the full scope of Optometry, not just refraction. Plus, enjoy flexible work schedules and a work environment that emphasizes high-quality patient care without patient quotas.
Don't miss this chance to join a growing organization aligned with your career success and values. Apply today!
The Optometrist examines, diagnoses, treats, and manages diseases and disorders of the visual system, the eye and associate structures as well as diagnoses related systemic conditions.
Optometrist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such as glaucoma, diabetic or macular degeneration and dry eyes.
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state law permits.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Remove foreign bodies from eye.
- Consult with and refer patients to Ophthalmologist.
- Provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Provide vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who is considered by others as patient-focused, works well in a team environment, and displays positive energy.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: O.D. licensed to practice in New York.