A full-time opportunity is now available for a Board Certified Cardiothoracic surgeon in a well-established practice at a nationally recognized hospital located in the Capital District of New York - minutes from Albany.
Ellis Medicine’s Wright Heart Center at Ellis Hospital is one of only three programs in the Capital Region authorized by the New York State Department of Health to perform cardiac surgery. Ellis is proud to be named one of the nation's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals for 2011 by Thomson Reuters, one of only two hospitals in New York State to receive this recognition.
Ellis Medicine is the sole provider of acute hospital care in Schenectady County. The Ellis Hospital facility features state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, a modern 36-bed Intensive Care Unit and one of the most advanced health information technology systems in Northeastern New York. Behind every decision and every action is our underlying objective; to provide better care for every patient – one patient at a time.
- Majority of patients have known cardiovascular disease, primarily atherosclerotic coronary artery disease, valvular disorder, or other conditions that prompt cardiac surgery.
- This position calls for a team oriented skilled Surgeon in all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery, including CABG, valvular and aortic surgery, thoracic resections (including minimally invasive). VADS and TAVR experience preferred.
- Case volume includes approximately 300-350 open heart cases and 250 thoracic cases annually.
- Office hours are Monday – Friday, Staffed with three Surgeons, five CT Physician Assistants.
- Inpatient Care provided 24/7 by Cardiothoracic Surgeon and PAs. Call is 1 in 3.
- Competitive salary.
- Production Incentive Bonus.
- Malpractice (Occurrence) Insurance.
- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance Plans.
- CME Stipend, DEA & NYL fees, $4,500 per year.
- 403(b) & 457 retirement.
About Our Community and Demographics:
- Medium sized city with suburban surroundings.
- Numerous Recreational, Educational, Cultural Opportunities.
- Central location to NYC, Boston, Montreal.
- Near Saratoga Springs, Lake George, Vermont skiing, Adirondack Park.
- Affordable housing, excellent schools.